Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2011 Toronto Beer Week - Sept 16th-24th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

2011 Toronto Beer Week - Sept 16th-24th

Post by Bobsy »

I'msure a lot of you have already noticed the fromt page, but for those of you who haven't, the 2011 dates for TBW have been announced: http://www.bartowel.com/?p=2073

Plan your holidays before or after that. 2011 is shaping up to be bigger and better than last year.

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

Last year's Brewdog dinner will be hard to top. I'm really looking forward to the 2011 TBW!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Here's to hoping that whatever event in Toronto that coincided with TBW in 2010 and drove hotel prices up to ridiculous amounts isn't coming back in 2011.

I hope to make it out to a couple of events this year...

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Here's to hoping that whatever event in Toronto that coincided with TBW in 2010 and drove hotel prices up to ridiculous amounts isn't coming back in 2011.
That was TBW... high demand event and all.
:wink:

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Bobsy wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Here's to hoping that whatever event in Toronto that coincided with TBW in 2010 and drove hotel prices up to ridiculous amounts isn't coming back in 2011.
That was TBW... high demand event and all.
:wink:
That's the spirit!

TJ

Post by TJ »

Can't wait!

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

I will attend some the events if I'm around. If I'm not around I'll be dead.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

TBW reps will be hitting the streets over the next two weeks signing up pubs/bars and restaurants.

The Monk's Table was the first to officially sign up last night and preliminary numbers (based on emails and phone calls) suggest that we'll have many more venues participating in 2011.

If you're popping into your local, please pass along the dates and help us spread the word about 2011. The TBW team would greatly appreciate it.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

I hope to make it out to a couple of events this year...
That would be the Toronto film festival - and yes it's a recurring event :)

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I'm volunteering, so I walk around signing up pubs and venues and restaurants and whatnot in addition to brewing some stuff for some guys.

I gotta tell you, Toronto Beer Week is going to melt your face off through the sheer intensity of its overwhelming awesomeness.

Also, you should probably start saving some money, since it ain't going to be cheap.
saintjohnswort.ca

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I've heard some pretty epic plans.

Talking of which, our homebrew contest lineup has been announced. Also sorts of good stuff up for grabs thanks to great supporters of the scene stepping up to the plate: http://torontobeerweek.com/tbw-homebrew-competition/

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Rob, when will judging occur for the homebrew competition? I am debating whether or not mine will even be drinkable by the deadline.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

JerCraigs wrote:Rob, when will judging occur for the homebrew competition? I am debating whether or not mine will even be drinkable by the deadline.
Hi Jeremy,

First round of judging will most likely be on September 10th or 11th, so that the beers are in optimal condition. Second round will be sometime during TBW once we have some brewery judges co-ordinated. The deadline for entries is the night of the 9th.

Cheers,

Rob

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Fun event @ C'est What for TBW announced.

Beer Idol

Geek or God?

With Toronto Beer Week fast approaching (September 16 to 24) we are getting cranked up with a big slate of events including a contest:

On Saturday September 17, at 10 o'clock, a panel of three locally renowned beer-soaked personalities will put six finalists through their paces on stage at C'est What to determine who is King or Queen of Toronto Beer Week.

If you think you have what it takes to be Toronto's Biggest Beer Geek please submit your bona fides by way of a picture and/or up to 200 words to George. It could be a story showing your beer sincerity, a poem, a song, a talent, or a bucket list of barley-based accomplishments: Whatever will impress the judges, can be presented to the public, and is within a bottle cap toss of the truth.

All finalists will be awarded some beer swag and the winner will get a dinner every month for a year at C'est What along with an Ontario based craft brew that they have personally selected for our line-up. Of course, the winner will get bragging rights through out Toronto Beer Week and for the following year.

georgemilbrandt

Post by georgemilbrandt »

If you think you have what it takes to be Toronto's Biggest Beer Geek please submit your bona fides by way of a picture and/or up to 200 words to George. It could be a story showing your beer sincerity, a poem, a song, a talent, or a bucket list of barley-based accomplishments: Whatever will impress the judges, can be presented to the public, and is within a bottle cap toss of the truth.
You have until Sunday September 4 to send your info to webmaster@cestwhat.com.
George, C'est What