Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Session 99: A Craft Beer Festival - Sat Jun 25

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Coming out?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Yes
50%
No
27%
Maybe
23%

Total votes: 26

Jedcorbeil

Session 99: A Craft Beer Festival - Sat Jun 25

Post by Jedcorbeil »

Happy Spring!

Feels like Beer Festival season to me....

We would like to formally invite YOU to the wrap up Festival for Ontario Craft Beer Week. Beer, Food, Music, unique entertainment... Do you need another reason to spend a Saturday downtown Toronto at a Craft Beer Festival?

For all info check out www.session2011.ca.

For those who can go all night long... 200 tickets will be available as an all access VIP pass to the private concert that evening, artists TBA. (10pm-2am). Tickets will be available on the website.

To the Craft Brewers - we are introducing the "Best of the Fest" award as well as "The Best One-Off or Cask" - so bring your A game! The prizes for "Best of the Fest" and "The Best One-Off or Cask" are going to be announced and presented at the VIP concert and are DEFINITELY worth winning...

To the Craft Beer Drinkers - prepare to vote for your favourite beer of SESSION 99 and win a case of beer/month for a year.

Come out and celebrate Ontario Craft Beer at 99 Sudbury (Queen & Dufferin) on June 25th. The Fest starts at noon and Brewmaster - Garrett Oliver from Brooklyn Brewery will be opening the festival as our special guest– so don’t be late! We have 3 buildings and the parking lot licensed for the day to spend sampling craft beer RAIN or SHINE (but we can go inside if it rains...)

Join our facebook and Twitter groups on the website to get updates on new additions to the festival!

See you at the SESSION.

Jed & Curt

www.session2011.ca
Keep your mind open and your glass full....

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

So not to nitpick right off the bat but I have some questions (perhaps I missed the answers poster already):
- What do you get for $35?
- Which Facebook page? Griffin or is there one for Session?
- How many tickets are available for the festival part?

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

JerCraigs wrote:So not to nitpick right off the bat but I have some questions (perhaps I missed the answers poster already):
- What do you get for $35?
- Which Facebook page? Griffin or is there one for Session?
- How many tickets are available for the festival part?
Last year it was $40 at the door, and you got a glass mug for your tasting. That's it. There was live music on a little stage throughout the day too.

I was just about to order a few tickets online, but it appears that you can only order one at a time. So you're paying a shipping cost (mind you a small one) on every order. I'm going to wait and see what the deal is with that before I go ahead.

Jedcorbeil

Post by Jedcorbeil »

For your $35 ticket....

Entrance to the fest
limited addition glass tasting stein
access to approx 100 different craft beers from Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, B.C, Oregon, New York
live music throughout the day (acts TBA)
openning ceremony with garrett oliver -
unique entertainment all day - blue mushroom circus (sword swallowing, strongman, dancers)
Cooking with beer demonstrations (pairing etc)
Chances to win beer prizing (vote for the best of fest)
Meet and chat with beer makers, marketers, sellers, creators throughout the day
Spend the day drinking with 2000+ like minded folks.

All for less then picking up a case of domestic beer and drinking it at home!

Also - when buying multiple tickets - This option should be available today- please refresh your browser and try again.... Sorry for that!

We can have 2500 guests throughout the day and 700 for the VIP concert.

hope that answers the questions for now.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Jedcorbeil wrote:Also - when buying multiple tickets - This option should be available today- please refresh your browser and try again.... Sorry for that!
Awesome, thanks Jed. Tickets purchased, and friends invited. See you there.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Thanks for the update Jed!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

What is the pricing for individual beer tickets (or even what was it last year), is it up to the brewer or are some included in the admission?
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

phirleh wrote:What is the pricing for individual beer tickets (or even what was it last year), is it up to the brewer or are some included in the admission?
I can only speak for last year... but no tickets/tokens are included in the admission. I believe that $1 (1 ticket) got you a 4oz pour and $2 (2 tokens) got you a 8oz pour. There were a few beers where the cost was higher. I think Duggan's 99 IPA was more expensive. By the looks of the breweries attending this year, there might be more of the "premium priced" beer available, but I'm speculating 100%.

Food was all priced differently. I think a small pulled pork sandwich was approx $4 and small cheese/meat plates around $5.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I can't wait, this will be awesome. I had a blast last year even though the weather was not great, this year looks like it will be good.

Jedcorbeil

Post by Jedcorbeil »

Something kind of cool....

I just was mailing out some tickets that were sold online on the Session website for an
All Access pass (Beer Festival and VIP Concert) http://www.session2011.ca/session/tickets.html

A gentleman from AUSTRALIA purchased 2 tickets and I didn't realize it until I wrote out the mailing address...

I guess that good ontario craft beer is making its way around the world.

He is also a HUGE NQ Arbuckle fan.... I get that.

Anyway - Just thought we should raise a glass for some aussie support. Cheers Mates! :wink:

Jedcorbeil

Post by Jedcorbeil »

Just got confirmation that 4 different garrison products have been sent: destination - session 99.

Looks like A lot of breweries have plans for some great one-offs!

Be sure to vote for your favourite beer and cask for some unreal prizes.

Jed & curt

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Ummm... still haven't got my ticket in the mail. Should I be concerned with the Canada Post rotating strike going on?

Jedcorbeil

Post by Jedcorbeil »

To all coming to the Session 99 Craft Beer Festival or VIP concert,

If you have not received your tickets in the mail, don't worry, your info is in a database and you can gain entrance with your I.D if the mail strike hits Toronto and mail doesn't reach you.

See you at the Session!

www.session2011.ca

Jedcorbeil

Post by Jedcorbeil »

The Best Of Session 2011

Prizing Announced!
YOU vote for your favourite beer and win
BEER FOR A YEAR!

Dear Session 99 Craft Beer Festival attendees,
We are announcing the prizing for the Best of Session and Best One-Off or Cask.
People that attend Session can come over to our voting booth and put in their vote for the best beer/brewery of Session 99 and the best cask or one-off at Session 99.
The winners will be announced at the VIP concert that evening. Brewers: You must be in attendance of the concert or have a representative present to receive this award.
Please pass this message on to all your mailing lists as we want all your social networks hit so that they can come down to 99 Sudbury and join us and vote for the BEST OF SESSION!

Prizing

BEST OF SESSION
1. A listing in the Beer Boutique for 1 year (Best of Session Toronto)
2. 2 plane tickets to Halifax, + transport and hotel room downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia
3. A booth at the SEAPORT beer festival in Halifax August 5,6 (Best of Session Toronto)
4. A listing in Nova Scotia liquor stores starting in August 2011 labelled Best of Session Toronto

BEST CASK OR ONE-OFF BREW

1. 2 plane tickets to British Columbia + transport & accommodation
2. A booth at the fest labeled - "The Best of Session Toronto" at The Great Canadian Beer Festival Sept 9-10, 2011

So come out and vote for you favourite brewery and if your brewery wins, your name goes into a draw to win a case of beer/month for a year!
Don't forget to get your tickets to the VIP concert or ALL ACCESS PASS (only a few left) so that you can be there to see
Jason Collett, NQ arbuckle and New country rehab - with a special performance by Belly Dancing Queen Robyn Leigh.

http://www.session2011.ca/session/tickets.html

See you at the Session!

aser

Post by aser »

Can't lie, it's a pretty tempting lineup, especially trois mousquetaires and trou du diable for me.

But, $35 just to get in, w/ no beer tickets, is well a bit steep to me. The other things you've listed to be honest have very little added value to me. I don't care about the contests, the cooking demos, music or the other fluff. I just want access to good beer.

That's just my opinion, I hope I'll make it.