Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Brewery Market

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion - perhaps one-offs with limited capacity should be tapped a little ways into the event? (2-3pm)

Also if you could find a way to get the playground/splash pad licensed that would be nice :)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A wrote:If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion - perhaps one-offs with limited capacity should be tapped a little ways into the event? (2-3pm)

Also if you could find a way to get the playground/splash pad licensed that would be nice :)
But then how would we get people there at first call? :D

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Sounds like a great one...I still haven't made it out to a Brewery Market. Between this and Smokeless casks it seems I need to stay in the city one of these Sundays...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

One of the coolest things about this event is that it's very much a neighbourhood event - lots of people stolling over from the playground to check it out. Very cool.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I don't think breweries should hold back anything until a specific time unless they choose to do so.

It would have been nice to try the Citra PA or the Espresso Porter, and I wish Amsterdam brought more, but in the end there is no reason to fault anyone but myself for not getting there at 1.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

northyorksammy wrote:I ticked the porter as I missed the last pint and had to beg a sample from one who bought one
Also - I'm glad you were able to get a refund on the second of the two beer tokens you bought (yup Sammy, you were spotted). God forbid you should drink a beer you've already had.
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Garthicus wrote:
northyorksammy wrote:I ticked the porter as I missed the last pint and had to beg a sample from one who bought one
Also - I'm glad you were able to get a refund on the second of the two beer tokens you bought (yup Sammy, you were spotted). God forbid you should drink a beer you've already had.
Hilarious. I'll have to make sure no refunds are given next time.

Lamber

Post by Lamber »

I bought four beer tickets, but had to leave for the Marlies game with one left over. I just gave it away to the first person who wanted it. The thought of a refund never crossed my mind.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Cass wrote:
A wrote:If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion - perhaps one-offs with limited capacity should be tapped a little ways into the event? (2-3pm)

But then how would we get people there at first call? :D
Just keep busting out the nice weather!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I think we can all agree that the breweries should just not pour anything until I get there right? Problem solved? :wink:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

We are going to be back at the Wychwood Barns for another summer Brewery Market series beginning May 27th. I'm in the process of assigning the dates to breweries, so if you are a brewery and would like to participate please e-mail me at info@brewerymarket.com.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Just got the latest newsletter from The Stop, and it looks like the Brewery Market has undergone a name change. What's the scoop, Cass?

-----

Kicking off The Stop's 2012 Beer Garden Series, May 27

Are you a fan of bocks, dunkels and porters? Want to learn about hops and malt while you’re sipping on stout? You'll be happy to hear that The Stop's Sunday afternoon beer garden is back, with a new slate of participating craft breweries and a whack of new snacks! Come out to our Sheltered Garden on May 27 for the first event of the 2012 series, featuring beers by Muskoka Brewery, nibblies by Scott+Ashley+Mandy, and the usual nice, relaxed atmosphere.

https://www.facebook.com/TheStopsBeerGarden

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

This event is not the Brewery Market, nor will the Brewery Market be held at the Barns this summer. I'm not involved in this with The Stop. I'll explain more in a little bit.

The good news is that we'll be having actual Brewery Market events this summer, so stay tuned for more details!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Hmm...If it's not Cass, then that's kind of disingenuous saying that it's "back".

Be interested in hearing the story, Cass.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

We will be returning on Monday, May 21st. Will get up the news soon, along with at least some of the story of what happened. Save the date.

We'll have events in Toronto and (hopefully) at least one other city in Ontario this summer.

We will not be at our old location at The Stop. Although what they're doing will likely be very similar to the old Brewery Market, I'm not a part of that.