Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Brewery Market

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Reviving the thread up as we're a couple of weeks away from the next event: Pints of March on March 18th.

This is going to be a good one again, this time featuring Amsterdam. Will make some announcements on beer soon, but one we will have is a one-off Porter with Dark Horse coffee & cacao nibs.

Stay tuned for more!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Pints of March coming up on the 18th and its going to be a good one!

http://brewerymarket.com/the-pints-of-march-march-18th/

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Cass wrote:Pints of March coming up on the 18th and its going to be a good one!

http://brewerymarket.com/the-pints-of-march-march-18th/
Damn... wish I was in town!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Thank God!!! Tempest is back!!!!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

My first Brewery Market! Awesome! Other than Cask Days, this has to be the best event in the city.

Tempest was great, though still very young...Can't wait to see what some age does to it!

The star of the show was definitely the Dark Horse Coffee Porter. Coffee flavours were very subtle, but there. The porter was neither too bitter nor too sweet. Extremely drinkable!

We had the baby there, and weren't the only ones...well, I'm hooked...I'm going to have to go to every one, now!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I ticked the porter as I missed the last pint and had to beg a sample from one who bought one
Last edited by northyorksammy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Well that was disappointing. The two one-offs were gone by 2:15pm or earlier. When I asked the fellows from Amsterdam about them I received a "Well you should have been here earlier." I replied: "No you should have made more beer." This hadn't been a problem so early at other Brewery Market events we've attended. :( Expecting the one-offs to last until 4pm is a bit much but running out so early?!
lister

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

northyorksammy wrote:I ticked the porter as I missed the last pint and had to mooch a sample
After almost a year without posting, Sammy comes back and his first post includes 'ticked' and 'mooch'. Classic.

Lamber

Post by Lamber »

Couldn't ask for a better day! Market Pale Ale and the Boneshaker were nice, but the Porter was excellent. This reminded me of how much I enjoy this event. Will be back for more this summer.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Got there just after 3 and the Citra Pale and Coffee Porter were gone, so I had to content myself with Boneshaker, Spring Bock and a couple Tempest
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Never got to try the Citra Pale - it was the first to go - I just missed that one, and I got there just after 1:30...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

So was this the new batch of Tempest that made an appearance?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:So was this the new batch of Tempest that made an appearance?
Yup
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for all the kind words & everyone that came out yesterday, it was one of the best events.

For those who didn't get the one offs I am sorry, but the event is really not about the one offs but a casual afternoon drinking experience. The one offs are a bonus and we'll never have enough to satiate all the drinkers as past events have proven.

Hope to see everyone again at the next ones, stay tuned for more!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

icemachine wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:So was this the new batch of Tempest that made an appearance?
Yup
Thanks. Lets hope that some bottles show up at the brewery soon.