Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Brewery Market

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for all who came out yesterday to the Brewer's Backyard - here's to our best year yet!

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Do we get a beer list soon for the last market in Ottawa :D

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yep, putting it together right now. One that I know of which is debuting is the "Amarillo Chainsaw Massacre" Red IPA which is the Pro-Am beer made between Broadhead and one of the winners of the National Cap Homebrew Comp.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Not quite the lineup of Cask Days, but pretty great nonetheless:

http://www.bartowel.com/join-us-at-hint ... -saturday/

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Great fun today, especially once the sun came out later in the afternoon. Finally got to try some of the newer Ottawa breweries, as well as Stone City who killed it. Food was excellent, the tacos and the noodles. I also saw some of the drunkest people I've ever seen in my entire life. So yeah, fun day. Looking forward to next year.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Kekumba wrote:Great fun today, especially once the sun came out later in the afternoon. Finally got to try some of the newer Ottawa breweries, as well as Stone City who killed it. Food was excellent, the tacos and the noodles. I also saw some of the drunkest people I've ever seen in my entire life. So yeah, fun day. Looking forward to next year.
Thanks for coming out. A great day, and always nice to see everyone tough out the rain and the sun appearing was a real treat.

The Ottawa series this year has been incredible, the support of the community (and the brewers) blows me away. Looking forward to being back in Ottawa again next year.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'm happy to say that we'll be back at the Brick Works in 2015. Same schedule as this year (Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day & Thanksgiving). Will announce details as everything comes together.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

If there are any brewers out there who would like to participate in the Brewer's Backyard this year, please get in touch. Would love to get some new brewers out there this year. Shoot me an email at info@brewersbackyard.com.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Our first Brewer's Backyard of the year will be coming up on Family Day, Monday, February 16th at the Brick Works.

New this year is a time change - we're shifting from 11am-4pm to 12pm-5pm to make it a bit more drinking-friendly.

Our Family Day event will be where it was last year - in the Young Welcome Centre, which is the large indoor space connected to our usual Koerner Gardens, so we can all stay warm.

We'll have beer from Indie, GLB and Beau's, and food from Urban Carnivore and Sugar Pie Honey Bunch.

This event will be called "The Winter Hibeernation".

More details as we get closer to the event - mark it down on the calendar!

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Hey Cass. Any more details regarding the "increased family programming" for this event? Beer sampling for the kiddies, perhaps?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I believe it is a kids clay play area. We're going to try and have more kid-friendly stuff within the licensed space this year.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Cass wrote:I believe it is a kids clay play area. We're going to try and have more kid-friendly stuff within the licensed space this year.
Solution: offer root beers.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

.[/quote]

Solution: offer root beers.[/quote]
that's a good start

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Coming up on Good Friday: Great Friday.

We've got in Junction, Mill Street, Nita, 5 Paddles, Grand River and Boshkung on beer, along with FeasTO and Urban Carnivore on eats.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Is the Brewery Market coming back to Ottawa this year?