Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Brewery Market

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

A blurb about the next Brewery Market from the latest The Stop newsletter...

Oktoberfest at The Stop, Oct. 23
Our Sunday Brewery Market series may be on hiatus, but that doesn't mean that our Green Barn is dry. Join us on Sunday, Oct. 23 for a Stop-style Oktoberfest celebration, featuring offerings from Kensington Brewing Company, Black Oak and Cheshire Valley, and delicious snacks from our kitchen.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Back in action for the fall & winter!

http://brewerymarket.com/?p=235

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Very cool guys...winter is when I typically frequent The Stops, so I still haven't been to a brewery market...can't wait...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Looks like we'll have Black Oak Oaktoberfest, Cheshire Out of this World Galaxy Pale Ale & Kensington Augusta Ale for Sunday. Plus, we'll have some German food out of the pizza oven inspired by Oktoberfest.

Should be a great time - come bundled up and we'll have some great beers in the fall temps. 1-5pm as usual at The Stop's Green Barn at Wychwood Barns, 601 Christie Street.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Info on the next few Brewery Market events was posted to the website the other day:

December 18th: Entitled ‘Twas the Beer Before Christmas, this special festive Brewery Market will see the return of the Indie Alehouse. Indie (which should be open by then) will be brewing some special beers for the Brewery Market.

January 15th: This one will be called Brew Year’s Day, and will also feature a returning brewery – Great Lakes. As this will be the middle of winter Great Lakes will be bringing a number of special, higher alcohol beers to keep us all warm.

March 18th: To close our winter season, this event entitled the Pints of March will feature a new brewery to the Market, Spearhead. You can expect some interesting goodies for this Brewery Market as well.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

We're also going to add Chesire Valley to the January 15th lineup who is brewing a special brew that will be at the event.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

More info about this Sunday's event:

http://brewerymarket.com/twas-the-beer- ... mber-18th/

Going to be a great one.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Another excellent brewery market. Kudos to Cass for setting this thing up - it's unlike anything we can currently experience in Toronto. Great Christmas Spiced Porter from Indie too!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Good times as always at the market. I managed to get the remains of the flaming marshmallow off my gloves eventually :)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks to Josh for naming Brewery Market one of the "7 ways Ontario's beer scene improved in 2011":

http://www.thestar.com/living/food/drin ... ed-in-2011
FESTIVE OCCASIONS: The number, quality and size of beer festivals in town grew again. The annual Cask Days festival devoted to traditional English ale outgrew its home at Yonge Street beer emporium Bar Volo and shifted to the quad at the University of Toronto’s Hart House. Great beer in a historic setting with miraculously pleasant weather made for a pleasurable afternoon. Ontario Craft Beer week, a province-wide celebration of local craft beer, and Toronto Beer Week, devoted to celebrating good beer also grew. A new weekly series of meet-the-brewer events at Wychwood Barns, called Brewery Market, provided Toronto-area beer lovers a festive atmosphere in a lovely outdoor setting.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Looks like we're going to have 5 beers available on the Jan 15th Brewery Market, 3 from Great Lakes and 2 from Cheshire Valley. Minimum a.b.v. will be 8% to keep us warm for the event.

Stay tuned for more!

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

Cass wrote:Looks like we're going to have 5 beers available on the Jan 15th Brewery Market, 3 from Great Lakes and 2 from Cheshire Valley. Minimum a.b.v. will be 8% to keep us warm for the event.

Stay tuned for more!
Looking forward to this...it will be my second event.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Sadly, (for the beer lover in me) my daughter's getting baptised...

...mind you, my wife never specified what we can to baptise her WITH...

:wink:
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

We're going to have two musical artists at this Sunday's Brewery Market, outside and busker-style. Very casual. Should make for a great atmosphere.

We'll have:

Amy Nostbakken
http://www.bigsmokefest.com/the-bands/amy-nostbakken/

Adale Dahli
http://www.bigsmokefest.com/the-bands/adale-dahli/