Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

May 27-29 Gatineau Beer Festival

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

I went Friday afternoon and had an awesome time. Went for around 1 and it was cool because being that it was a workday and it was raining there was no one there. Got to talk to a bunch of people working the booths. Spend a bunch of time at the Brasseurs du Temps tent since there bar was under the tent and you didn't have to get rained on and the brewmaster seemed like a cool guy. Also spent a bunch of time at the Microbrasserie Le Naufrageur since there beer was really good (there bottle designs were really cool too). Hopefully the crappy weather this weekend didn't scare too many people off and they were successful enough to have this event again next year.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

The people behind the spring Festibiere de Gatineau are having a winter beer festival on January 20 & 21 at Chateau Cartier.

http://www.festibieredegatineau.ca/fest ... r_2012.jpg

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'm trying to convince my wife that we need to go.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

cfrancis wrote:I'm trying to convince my wife that we need to go.
You need to go. The logic is sound. She can't say no.

You may also need to go to Winter Wines and Beers on Feb 17 and 18 in Gatineau:
www.winterbeers.com

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Great idea. I've passed the info on with the moniker Brews Phillips says that we NEED to go.

Should be a slam dunk!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Brews Phillips wrote:
cfrancis wrote:I'm trying to convince my wife that we need to go.
You need to go. The logic is sound. She can't say no.

You may also need to go to Winter Wines and Beers on Feb 17 and 18 in Gatineau:
www.winterbeers.com
Oh yes, I can honnestly say THAT one looks like it will be 1000 times better :)

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

cfrancis wrote:Great idea. I've passed the info on with the moniker Brews Phillips says that we NEED to go.

Should be a slam dunk!
Swish!