Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Thirsty Traveler Beer Dinner @ Fynn's - Mon Jun 6th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Robinthehood

Thirsty Traveler Beer Dinner @ Fynn's - Mon Jun 6th

Post by Robinthehood »

Hey gang!

It’s with great pleasure I get to announce the upcoming date for the Thirsty Traveler Beer Dinner will be MONDAY JUNE 6TH, starting PROMPTLY at 7PM!

Tickets for this event always sell out and fast! So you need to rsvp quicker than normal!

Kevin and I are excited to be bringing you a special edition of the beer tasting as we focus on some great upcoming and unique beers. Without getting too much in depth about the beers or the tasting, I will say we are excited about this list as it hits close to our hearts! There will be some surprises in store for this, as always, and no political elections which have dogged us in the past!

Tickets are $50 per person, which include 5 beers and 4 courses of food! Our chef loves this time of year as all the fresh produce starts coming into season, and he gets excited to create with locally sourced meats and produce!

While we typically have this event earlier in the spring, Kevin has been busy globetrotting to Tonga and beyond with Canadian Club. He’ll also be heading to do the next round of taping for Iron Chef America, the series.. So we got him at the best time!

Please Rsvp at your earliest convenience, as this one ALWAYS goes quick!

you can rsvp by either calling the pub, 416-586-1331 and ask for a manager to reserve a table, or email info@fynnstemplebar.com.

cheers!
in life...everyone should have something they believe in,

i believe i will have another pint!

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Robinthehood wrote:
...Kevin and I are excited to be bringing you a special edition of the beer tasting as we focus on some great upcoming and unique beers. Without getting too much in depth about the beers or the tasting, I will say we are excited about this list as it hits close to our hearts! ...
I've not been to your previous dinner/tasting events, so can you give us a little hint on the beers to be offered? Will you have them as part of your regular lineup later on? To be honest I had a look at your beer menu on your site, and there's not much more than the usual suspects - - the macromultinationals.

Soods

Post by Soods »

I've been to a couple and the beers are not their usual line up.

Robinthehood

Post by Robinthehood »

zane9 wrote:
Robinthehood wrote:
...Kevin and I are excited to be bringing you a special edition of the beer tasting as we focus on some great upcoming and unique beers. Without getting too much in depth about the beers or the tasting, I will say we are excited about this list as it hits close to our hearts! ...
I've not been to your previous dinner/tasting events, so can you give us a little hint on the beers to be offered? Will you have them as part of your regular lineup later on? To be honest I had a look at your beer menu on your site, and there's not much more than the usual suspects - - the macro-multinationals.
we never focus on over the bar beers, or if in the rare occasion we do, it's usually a seasonal or limited beer. We always try to source out different beers for these events, whether it be imported, supporting local craft brews, hard to find and rare limited brews. With the price point for a ticket, i don't think it can get much better! We host these events to bring people into the world of beer who might not normally venture to try a new beer, but when they do, are surprised.

While we do have some national brand beers on tap, we do try to offer something unique and interesting. this is our 7th one with Kevin, and we love hosting these events with him :)

i encourage you to try it out!!

Robinthehood

Post by Robinthehood »

only a few tickets left for this one,

the beer list is unique, we wanted to support local and craft beers, so have 4 of them and one uk based beer

should be a great night,

you can still get a reservation by calling the pub 4.586.1331