Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bartowel Forums 10th Anniversary Brewday - June 17

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jcc

Post by jcc »

I am definitely in for helping out on the 17th. Great idea.

Jeremy

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I will be there to help brew and consume beer.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Obviously I'm going to be there! I can't say how cool this is. I am honoured to have such thoughtful and passionate folks as you all in the forum.

Never did I think 10 years on it would still be a place with such lively and interesting beer discussion. Thanks again for everyone's continued participation and I look forward to raising a glass of CASScadian with you all!

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Mike Lackey,

Please put my name on the list. I've no brewing experience, but I follow directions well.

Thanks, Cheers, Doug

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Although I will need to confirm with my wife I too hope to be in attendance.

Consulted with the wife....I'm in.
Last edited by dutchcanuck on Tue May 24, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Work will prevent me from yet another event, but I will be sure to raise a few pints to Bartowel on the 17th.

sala33

Post by sala33 »

i'll be able to help out. sounds like a great event!

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

I'm perhaps newer to this forum than some members, but i'd love to join in. I remember stumbling upon this site when i was first getting into beer almost a couple years back, and since then i've switched career paths and am working towards being a brewer- an outcome that may have not happened if i wasn't exposed to the great community and passion that this site helps support. Also Cass helped to put Garrison in my belly for over two months last year, so it is owed.

JoeMcPhee

Post by JoeMcPhee »

Assuming I've got no crisis at work - this sounds like a very fun time. I'm in.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I'll have to check with the "wife's" schedule, but I'd love to be a part of this. I work just one stop up the go-train, so I may be able to escape from work early.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Hey everyone! Just three weeks to go!

A head count so far. These are the people who have confirmed they will be attending the brew day on Friday the 17th of June.

Wilco
icemachine
jcc
cannondale
Cass
DougShoemaker
dutchcanuck
sala33

We're going to need at least double that number guys. I'm hoping some of you are just waiting until closer to the date to commit but for the fence sitters I'd really encourage you to make the effort. It will be a great community event and I have a feeling some drinking of beer will occur after the making of beer. Please nudge your Bartowel friends to get onboard and consider telling other friends or family who might want to take part.

ALSO...priority will be given to those who came out when it comes to the very limited bottle sales of this beer. Participation has its privileges.

We are also looking to involve some of the other regional brewers. If you know folks in the industry please mention it to them next time you see them. A few more experienced hands will help Mike and also all of the brewing newbies who are looking to learn a thing or two about making great beer.

Cheers,
Jon
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I would love to come out for this, but is there any more info on where the after brewing drinking will take place?? Just asking because I'd have to get a hotel and would prefer one in the area.

If all works out fine, it would be myself and JB84 attending.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

Jon, consider me in! Looking forward to it.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

They have been discussing that. It was going to be Brydens but it will likely be too busy so other options are being considered downtown. I will keep you posted once that plan is finalized. But if you are planning to book a hotel I'd suggest anywhere in the downtown core near the subway and you'll be able to get to and from regardless of venue.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

Jon - I will be there with bells on (well, pants for sure). Let me know if this is confirmed and I will book the day off work. Congratulations to Cass!!!
"Drinking removes warts and pimples. Not from me. But from those I look at." - Jackie Gleason