Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bartowel Forums 10th Anniversary Brewday - June 17

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Running late due to screwups at work, should be down there between 3 & 4
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Work and a family movie night are keeping me from this one sadly. Split my drinks amongst the rest of th Bartowel faithful!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Wow, I haven't been online for some time!
Enjoy the event everyone....sounds like it will be a real treat.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

sprague11 wrote:Work and a family movie night are keeping me from this one sadly. Split my drinks amongst the rest of th Bartowel faithful!
I was there earlier and family movie night kept me from staying later. Some great brews, good to see some old faces and new ones.

One of the highlights

I don't know if this would ever pass "Social Responsibility" (too enticing to children) but they nailed the flavour profile.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

What a great time! Thanks again to Jon for setting this up, to Cass for founding Bar Towel and to Lackey for the fantastic hospitality! Too many times an afternoon devoted to beer seems to leave eating behind. Those pizzas really showed up at the right time. I'm not sure how much help most of us were with the beer making but we sure did a great job of drinking. I am quite keen to checkout the finished product in a few weeks. I think Lackey said he was going to make a second batch using the same recipe on Monday so there will be a bit more to go around. It was lots of fun to put some faces to the many Towellers that I hadn't met before. A great day all around.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Agreed, awesome time.

Please post pics for those with cameras!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Jer,
I'm working on it, but unfortunately I'm out today. And alas many of my pics didn't turn out. I will get the best posted by tomorrow. Hopefully many of the other bar towellers who had cameras met greater success.

Cheers,

Ken

P.s.

Damn that baby vomit supreme was funky!!

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

I'm going to post pictures on the Facebook Bar Towel 10th Anniversary page. I post to Flickr too if we get a common area. In the meantime my write-up on the afternoon is at http://ourboozereviews.blogspot.com/201 ... w-day.html
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Gentleman,

Here is a link to my collection of photos from the bartowel event. Great event and great people. I've selected the best of the worst!
To everyone who took photos feel free to add them to the photo album.

https://picasaweb.google.com/dutchcanuc ... directlink

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Awww you guys look so cute!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JB84

Post by JB84 »

The night was off the hook and it was great to meet everyone and put a face to a name. Cass thanks for all you've done for beer in Canada. Jon Walker again terrific of you to host an event like this I'm very grateful I got to attend.

Cheers

wilco

Post by wilco »

Thanks to Jon for organizing this and congrats to Cass on the ten year anniversary of the forums! Had an awesome day with some fine Bar Towelers. Can't wait to try our Belgo Cass-cadian Dark Ale.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

dutchcanuck wrote:Gentleman,

Here is a link to my collection of photos from the bartowel event. Great event and great people. I've selected the best of the worst!
To everyone who took photos feel free to add them to the photo album.

https://picasaweb.google.com/dutchcanuc ... directlink
To D.A., larger gentlemen in the white shirt. You know me from CB and Trillum. PM me......we should try to get-togeher.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Thanks to all.

In particular, thanks to Lackey and GLB for their hospitality.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

So the recipe ended up;
26# Marris Otter
2.5# Kilned black
2# wheat
2# cara 30

3 oz Citra (first wort)
3 oz Columbus 60
2 oz each of citra, Columbus, Amarillo, sorachi ace and centennial added by everyone in the last 10 minutes.

Fermented with WLP530