Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bartowel Forums 10th Anniversary Brewday - June 17

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Greg,

You're absolutely right. A fine, thoughtful fellow Jon.

Here here, All Hail Jon Walker.

Many Thanks, Doug

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Three cheers for Jon!

HIP HIP...HOORAY!
HIP HIP...HOORAY!
HIP HIP...HOORAY!

You are a true gentleman sir.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Thanks guys! I've been proud to be associated with BarTowel for a decade. It has been a great resource, a fantastic place to exchange ideas, passion for beer and tilt at the occasional windmill. I'm very glad this is all coming together since it seems to be such a logical extension of our common interests and a great chance to further build and strengthen the community.
And let's not forget the beer! I expect it will be fantastic.

A very big tip of the hat to Mr.Lackey as well. Had he not jumped in early I don't think we would be brewing anything at all. He was top of my list from the start and I'm excited to see what you all come up with.

As Greg mentioned I will not be able to make it out for this event. I will be in Banff until the 16th and then expected back home here in Vancouver so...save me a bottle or two and I will toast all of you once I get hold of your creation.

Good luck with it all, have a great day, a fantastic experience and remember to thank Cass as well for getting this site off the ground in the first place.

Cheers,
Jon
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

hmm, it appears that my afternoon will be free that day, but my slow reply has me on the waiting list. keep me posted!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Huzzah!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Sadly we are now at capacity for this event. It is a case of too many cooks (or brewers) if we have more than 25. The following are on the wait list;

Grub
Joe McPhee

If there are cancellations you guys will be first in line OR if Mike feels comfortable adding more people you might be in...but that's up to him. Sorry I can't just squeeze you in but the offer for participants has been up for some time and the limit was always a factor. I fully expect a couple of cancellations in the coming week so keep your fingers crossed.

For those of you who might have to bail please consider these guys and give us as much notice as possible.

Cheers,
Jon

mabel

Post by mabel »

What an amazing event -- Jon, you rock. Also hurray for GLB! They're up to all good.

So now that the waiting list is a mile long... I'd like to be somebody's backup-backup, if possible. Last minute is fine with me. :) If not, no worries and I had better read these quicker in future -- please be sure to take lots of photos!!

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

velovampire wrote:
Lackey wrote:Viggo and I brewed a beer similar to a Cass dark but with Westmalle yeast, it turned out really nice I thought...
Was that the Scurrilous? If so, that was damn good...
That's the one.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

One week to go! I hope everyone is still on-board and excited!

sala33

Post by sala33 »

I'm still in! Just wondering approximately what time this would be at?

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I'm totally psyched about this. I actually plan on coming down early since I have been jonesing for a smoke's poutine.

Oh! And I would just like to re-iterate my offer to carpool if anyone's interested. I'll be driving up from St. Catharines so if there are any fellow bartowelers that I can collect on the way let me know.

Cheers,

Ken

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I don't have a facebook account so I may not have seen all the info available on this shindig. Is there a final destination planned for the culmination of the days festivities? It would be helpful to know for those coming from out of town and in need of booking a room nearby.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

We could either take the go train from mimico to ces't what? Or jump on the TTC and hit the Vic and/or Volo...any opinions? Either way a hotel downtown on the subway line will work

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Lackey wrote:We could either take the go train from mimico to ces't what? Or jump on the TTC and hit the Vic and/or Volo...any opinions? Either way a hotel downtown on the subway line will work
Thanks for the reply. All those options sound good to me. I already booked at the toronto hilton, it's at richmond & university so close to subway and pretty much everything else.

Do we have a recipe as of yet?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

No. I'd like to chat about it here though. Personally, I like the idea of a belgo-CASScadian since I should have some Westmalle yeast kicking around...malt bill and hopping??? Suggestions?