Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Charlevoix Arrives in Ontario - June 29/30

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Charlevoix Arrives in Ontario - June 29/30

Post by GregClow »

keep6imports (formerly HMH Negotiants) invites you to celebrate the launch of MicroBrasserie Charlevoix (Baie-St-Paul, Quebec) Dominus Vobiscum Blanche availability at the LCBO (Summer Seasonal Release). Join founder and brewmaster Frederick Tremblay at the following events and tastings in Toronto, Ontario;

Queens Quay LCBO In-Store Tasting
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 from 4:00pm-8:00pm

Summerhill LCBO In-Store Tasting
Thursday, June 30th, 2011 from 4:00pm-8:00pm

Charlevoix Night @ barVolo
Thursday, June 30th, 2011 Starting @ 8:30pm

The following beers will be available at barVolo with Frederick Tremblay & Crew present; Dominus Vobiscum Blanche, Dominus Vobiscum Double, Dominus Vobiscum Triple, Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus 2011, Dominus Vobiscum Hibernus 2010, Dominus Vobiscum Brut 2010, La Fache Folle Imperial Milk Stout and a very special one-off beer;

Kissmeyer (Denmark) & MicroBrasserie Charlevoix Collaboration Sasion

For More information please visit http://keep6imports.com or email info@keep6imports.com

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Sounds solid. Thanks for the post Grag!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Their Double is one of the best I've tried. The Lupulus is brilliant as well. Well worth the $18 price tag.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

notdan

Post by notdan »

The_Jester wrote:Their Double is one of the best I've tried.
Definitely an underrated beer.

aser

Post by aser »

had their triple which I thought was so so, but still this is a damn good brewery.

I have a La Fache Folle in my cabinet waiting to be cracked. I think I'll have to make my way to this shindig, Volo always brings it with the events.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I like most of their beer - The Dominus Vobiscum lineup is solid and I really enjoyed the Vache Folle ESB. Have had issues witht he stout though on a couple occasions.

aser

Post by aser »

i'm def going....

anybody know if the lineup is served on tap or bottles?