Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

St. Lawrence festival report

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Well, I can tell you that we had approached the LCBO about a permanent listing for Brussels White because, with volume, we could sell it for less than Hoegaarden....opinions vary but many people think Brussels White is a better beer which is my opinion as well and I would say this even if I didn't sell it. The bottom line is that the LCBO did not want another Belgian wit at the time (about a year ago) and you'll notice that there will not be another Belgian wit purchased by the LCBO this year. This is a shame because I alone have about 8 of them in my portfolio but I'm at the point of not bothering to submit them anymore as it is a waste of time.

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Argh! I'm sorry pissed that I missed the Festival... My wife had to work all weekend (I know none of you care about this, but I feel the need to vent!) - So I was being Dad and taking care of my boys... Also I am absolutely DYING to try the Mill St. Tankhouse Pale Ale, everyone is RAVING about it and Pale Ale is my favorite style... I understand that it's on tap down at the bar in the Distillery District, tried to make plans to head down there for lunch today, but they're only open for dinner at the moment! Oh well, soon enough I suppose. Glad to hear you all enjoyed it. I'll definately be heading out to the Toronto Festival of Beer - Perhaps we can plan to have an informal 'Bar Towel' picnic table or something so that we could meet and chat about favorite beers, etc... ?

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Y'all
It was great to see everyone at SLM. Its a ton of hard work setting these shows up. (the late nite drinking and lack of sleep really take their toll). Fantastic to see all of you again and chat about beer in a social setting. You're right about the music. At times it was too loud. Our booth was right beside the stage and this made it difficult to talk to some of our patrons. I did do some work on my air guitar. Still having trouble matching Bartowel names with faces. Beer Kitten was looking a bit to sampled out by the end of the day. I'm glad everyone had fun. See you soon.
Cheers Ken

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

On 2003-06-28 10:23, Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:
Beer Kitten was looking a bit to sampled out by the end of the day. I'm glad everyone had fun. See you soon.
Cheers Ken
"Sampled out"! Can I use that one, too, Ken?

BTW -- Always nice seeing you.

-Uncle Bobby

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

lol... oh yea... 'sampled out' indeed... you nailed that one right on the nose Ken. That was definatly one of my finer moments in life:)

Cheers,
Skye