Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Whither the Victory Cafe Cask Events?

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jmcnally

Whither the Victory Cafe Cask Events?

Post by jmcnally »

Forgive me if this has been hashed out in the past, but I'm returning to the forum after a long break. I remember the Victory used to do a spring and a fall cask event each year with great food, their own glasses, etc. Have those stopped?

p.s. I did do a search and couldn't find a quick answer.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

jmcnally wrote:Forgive me if this has been hashed out in the past, but I'm returning to the forum after a long break. I remember the Victory used to do a spring and a fall cask event each year with great food, their own glasses, etc. Have those stopped?
Yeah, they stopped doing them a couple of years ago. And the place was also sold earlier this year, so it's hard to say if they'll ever came back in any form.

jmcnally

Post by jmcnally »

Thanks, Greg. That's too bad but there seem to be a lot more events nowadays than there were even a few short years ago.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Just saw this from them on Twitter: Planning in progress for our Winter Season Cask Festival! Keep checking facebook (victorycafe) or our twitter account @victorycafe_to for More information closer to the date!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

andrewrg wrote:Just saw this from them on Twitter: Planning in progress for our Winter Season Cask Festival! Keep checking facebook (victorycafe) or our twitter account @victorycafe_to for More information closer to the date!
Well there ya go then! Consider me corrected! :oops:

jmcnally

Post by jmcnally »

That's excellent news! Thanks.

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

Sunday, Dcember 4, I'm told... Noon till, I think, eight.