Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The 12 Pubs of 2012 - Sat Jan 14

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Garthicus

The 12 Pubs of 2012 - Sat Jan 14

Post by Garthicus »

Hey all, I usually arrange a '12 Pubs of Christmas' but due to commitments in December I was unable to. So - what better way to kick off 2012 and give two fingers to the winter than by going on a pub crawl to some of the best Craft Beer bars in Toronto.

The rules are few and simple:

All except for the first and last pub are 1 drink only pubs i.e. no hanging around for two or three but hey - if you're a fast drinker you're welcome to have as much as ya like.

The crawl will move on regardless, so if you're running late or waiting on a friend etc, just stay put at the bar you're in, or move with the crawl and let your friend know where we are. Same goes for if you want to eat, stay at the bar you're in and catch up with us or grab street meat/pizza etc enroute to the next bar

Simple eh?

Seeing as this is on a Saturday the TTC offer day passes for $10 that covers two adults all day/night.. might be a good idea to share one with a friend.

The *finalized* list will be published soon but it's looking like:

Burger Bar
Cloak and Dagger
Smokeless Joes
The Magpie (Depending on opening time, if closed substitute in The Village Idiot or Ein Stein )
Sin and Redemption
The Queen and Beaver
The 3 Brewers (Perhaps the Imperial or Ein Stein or Duke of Somerset)
Bar Volo
Beer Bistro
C'est What?
Bier Markt (perhaps Jersey Giant or Scotland Yard)
The Town Crier (Perhaps the Jason George or Betty's as an alternative)

Feel free to let me know if you're coming by posting on here, over on the even page on Ratebeer http://www.ratebeer.com/event/16285/12-pubs-of-2012/ or friend me on Facebook and I'll add you to the event http://www.facebook.com/Garthicus

The last one I held had between 35 to 40 people at the peak - also there might be a couple of food & drink specials unique to this event so watch this space..

Oh - and cost is free, just the cost of your beer and food!

Cheers

Al
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

I was a little unclear of the date, I didn't check RB and I don't FB very often. I got that it was a Saturday, but this Saturday? Next? Some other? I go to Toronto a fair bit for work, so depending on the date I think I could work this into my schedule.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Sorry! Saturday the 14th Jan @ 1500hrs
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Nicely done, Al!

Some of the Toronto Beer Week team will be joining the crawl and will have some remaining TBW2011 t-shirts to hand out as prizes.

See you there!

Cheers,
Troy

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Thanks a whole bunch Troy & co! We had a phenomenal turn out the last time, let's hope we can recreate that this year too!

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Update: Brock at the Burger Bar has agreed to put a special offer on to nourish us marathon drinkers. The Burger Bar will offer a Burger & Side for those attending the crawl for only $10 !!!

Cheers Burger Bar !

Al

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Hello all. The final list of pubs is below.

Remember - kick off time is 1500hrs at the Burger Bar, there'll be a $10 Burger and side special, there's always a cask on along with other good stuff on tap so be sure to arrive a little early if you want to eat etc. This will most likely be our longest stop until the end of the night.

1. Burger Bar
2. Cloak and Dagger
3. Smokeless Joes
4. The Village Idiot
5. Sin and Redemption
6. The Queen and Beaver
7. The 3 Brewers
8. Bar Volo
9. Beer Bistro
10. C'est What?
11. Jersey Giant
12. Bettys

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all there!

Al

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Hi,

If anyone wants to contact me Today to see where the crawl currently is, please call or text 647-989-9644 or email me at garthicus at hotmail dot com or tweet me @garthicus

See you later!