Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Doublewide Double IPA release at The Rhino - Jan 19th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BradC

Beau's Doublewide Double IPA release at The Rhino - Jan 19th

Post by BradC »

Greetings Bartowel' ers

Just wanted to let you all know of a new beer Beau's has coming out as part of their Pro-Am Series in collaboration with CABA. "Doublewide" Double IPA. It's one of my homebrew recipes that I was lucky enough to get to brew an organic version of with the guys last December. As a big fan of American Style IPA's, I'm looking forward to finally trying this hop bomb and hoping it appeals to the many fans of the style.

The release party will be this Thurs, Jan 19th at the Rhino starting at 7pm. There will be 4 other Beau's beers on tap as well (sorry, not sure which one's). If you miss it though, odds are good you'll still be able to try the Doublewide. I've been told it will be available on cask at Volo shortly thereafter (dry-hopped in cask with Chinook) and also available at the Dominion on Queen on tap. It could even pop up at a few other select craft beer bars in Toronto. If you live in the Ottawa area you can get the beer at the brewery or order it through Beau's BYBO. Only about 1,000 bottles are available and when it's gone it's gone.

Here's a link to the Beau's Facebook invite as well as more info on the beer from their website:

http://www.beaus.ca/beer/pro-am/doublewide

Cheers! Hope to get a chance to meet some of you soon.

Brad

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Sounds very interesting. If it is anywhere near as good as Boulevard's Double Wide DIPA, we are in for something special :)

Liverdie

Post by Liverdie »

A couple of my friends were here last night, one said the Doublewide compares to Tree's DIPA and Amnesiac, 8%, very hoppy, and $16 a pitcher! :D
Live or Die by Good Beer

North American Craft

Post by North American Craft »

I attended last evening and thoroughly enjoyed the beer. Well done!
Cheers!

BradC

Post by BradC »

Thanks. Very happy with how it turned out. It's dangerously drinkable for 8% abv with an intense hop flavour and solid malt backbone. It's on tap at Bar Volo right now and according to Beau's website can also be found (in very limited qty's) at these locations:

- Hintonburg Public House (Ottawa, Date TBD)
- Pub Italia (Ottawa, Bottles Feb 19)
- Rochester Pub (Ottawa, Bottles Next-weekish)
- Wellington Gastropub (Ottawa, Date TBD)
- Chesire Cat (Carp, Date TBD)
- St. Veronus Cafe (Peterborough, Feb 19)
- Stinking Rose (Campbellford, Date TBD)
- Kingston Brew Pub (Kingston, Date TBD)
- Bar Volo (Toronto, Jan 21 draught, Cask TBD)
- Bryden's (Toronto, Date TBD)
- Burger Bar (Toronto, Date TBD)
- Dominion on Queen (Toronto, Feb 11)
- Grand Electric (Toronto, Date TBD)
- Grapefruit Moon (Toronto, Date TBD)
- The Only Cafe (Toronto, Date TBD)

Cheers!

Brad

Liverdie

Post by Liverdie »

BradC wrote:Thanks. Very happy with how it turned out. It's dangerously drinkable for 8% abv with an intense hop flavour and solid malt backbone. It's on tap at Bar Volo right now and according to Beau's website can also be found (in very limited qty's) at these locations:

- Hintonburg Public House (Ottawa, Date TBD)
- Pub Italia (Ottawa, Bottles Feb 19)
- Rochester Pub (Ottawa, Bottles Next-weekish)
- Wellington Gastropub (Ottawa, Date TBD)
- Chesire Cat (Carp, Date TBD)
- St. Veronus Cafe (Peterborough, Feb 19)
- Stinking Rose (Campbellford, Date TBD)
- Kingston Brew Pub (Kingston, Date TBD)
- Bar Volo (Toronto, Jan 21 draught, Cask TBD)
- Bryden's (Toronto, Date TBD)
- Burger Bar (Toronto, Date TBD)
- Dominion on Queen (Toronto, Feb 11)
- Grand Electric (Toronto, Date TBD)
- Grapefruit Moon (Toronto, Date TBD)
- The Only Cafe (Toronto, Date TBD)

Cheers!

Brad
And here I was thinking I would be able to give the news that this wonderful beer is on tap at Volo.

See ya there!
Live or Die by Good Beer

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Hey, the HPH is on this list. Good to see a brand new place in Ottawa start off on the right beer foot. Any ideas if they will have it on tap?

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

Brews Phillips wrote:Hey, the HPH is on this list. Good to see a brand new place in Ottawa start off on the right beer foot. Any ideas if they will have it on tap?
I don't know about HPH but Pub Italia has Doublewide in bottles (or at least they did on Jan 20 - the Beau's website must have had the wrong date). I haven't gotten over to try it, but I was told it's $16.99 per 600ml bottle at Pub Italia.

BradC

Post by BradC »

Just checked Beau's website and noticed HPH is no longer on the list?... I recall hearing that they were to have the beer on tap?

In Toronto, Bryden's, Volo, The Only and Burger Bar have all had the beer on tap and are most likely almost out by now...

The last keg (I'm aware of) will be tapped at Dominion on Queen for a beer event Sat, Feb 11th

Graipfruit Moon and Grand Electric also have some bottles for sale I believe.

Cheers!
Brad