Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Sundays @ Smokeless Joe

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We got a special one from Amsterdam, a sort of one off, called "Downtown Brown". I believe it is a dry hopped english style brown. Sounds freakin good. It will be tapped tomorrow (Sunday) and we open at 5:00pm.
Come have a pint and share in some conversation and food. I'm playing some new tunes again from local Blues musician Harrison Kennedy.
Got the last two kegs of Muskoka Winter beard still pouring and the new Spring Oddity as well as some Boneshaker from Amsterdam.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

What a great day for some cask!! We open at five and are tapping a pin of County Durham's "Red Dragon".
As well we got Blak Katt Stout back on as well with a fresh keg tapped last night.
See you at the bar,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We will be tapping a fresh cask of Granite's Peculiar for our open at 5:00pm.

Peculiar
"A strong English ale, not too hoppy and reddish brown in colour. It is a dark, malty brew, full in taste with a sweet dry finish."

Original Gravity – 1056
Alcohol Content – 5.6%

I will be featuring some new blues music added to my playlist from Willie Dixon, Junior Wells and Elmore James Jr.

Colin

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Come on in and have some Naughty Neighbour American Pale Ale Cask from Nickel Brook Brewery. We open at Five. Our back patio is open and it is a beauty. Cask and patio on the long weekend sounds like a match made in heaven to me. Throw in some blues music and mussels and i'm sold.
We also still have some Mr Hyde Rye pale ale and beaver river from Beau's.
Bring a hat and sun screen,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We have got one of Wellington Brewery's cask's from their "welly one off" series. This one is their Arkell Best Bitter and its been dry hopped. Sounds like the perfect match for a warm day. A refreshing glass of cask!!!
Our back patio is in full swing and ready to go.
We also got in a few other new draughts. We put on Raftman and Nickel Brooks Marzen.
Come on down and enjoy the day,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Sorry I missed posting last week. I think I had too much cask the night before, so I will post a day early this week.
We got a cask from Durham Brewery this week called 'Hop Head'. Its awesome.
We are also starting a rotating tap that will feature a different beer as long as the keg lasts. It could be a week or a few days. Sounds good to me.
Right now it is Nickel Brook Marzen. The next one is still a surprise cause I havent ordered one yet.
Patio is open and rockin so come on down for cask and sunshine.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

This weekend is "Taste of Little Italy" festival. The streets will be pedestrian only from Bathurst along College.
We have special hours for the weekend.
Friday we open at 5:00pm, Saturday and Sunday we open at noon.
Our cask for Sunday is from Better Bitters brewery called "Naughty Neighbour American Style Pale Ale".
Come down and check out our Jazz band playing across the street!!
The weather will be perfect,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

It might rain later but its still a perfect day for some tasty cask!!
We are tapping a pin of Headstock IPA which has been dry hopped with American Hops. It's a cross between an American and English IPA. The IBU's are about 80-82.
We also have some of Beau's Seasonal "Festivale" on tap and we have some Amsterdam Orange Weisse as well.
Doors open at 4:59pm this afternoon,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Happy Canada Day!! We will be tapping a Cask to celebrate our Country's holiday. We have Wellington Brewery's IPA. We will tap and open at 5:00pm.
We also just tapped a keg of Amsterdam Farmhouse Saison that was a special brew done for OCB week. That is available the whole weekend.
Joe has created some new items for our food menu, we tried them last night and they are truly delicious.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

What more could you possibly want to do on a beautiful Sunday evening than enjoy a refreshing and satistying glass of Cask!
We open at 5:00pm both inside and our back patio.
Granite's Hopping Mad is a classic and super fresh!
Hope to see ya,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We got the perfect cask for a warm summer day on the patio!! Granite Mild.

Granite Mild
A dark ale with malt character and a hint of smoke. Well balanced, not too bitter and not quite as “mild” as you’d think.

Original Gravity – 1039

Open for Brunch on Saturday and Sunday now!! Come check out Joes version of brunch.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Hello once again.
Our Cask for this Sunday came from Wellington Brewery and its part of their "one off" series. Its the Welly IPA. This one is great on cask and will be perfect for a warm summer day. We will keep it slightly chilled.
We also got in Durham Hop Addict, Neustadt Scottish Pale Ale and Magnotta Wunder Weisse.
Have a great day cause I will,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Even though the weather might not be perfect outside, that shouldn't stop you from enjoying a relaxing pint of fresh Cask Ale inside.
Nickel Brook brought us a pin of their Naughty Neighbour American Style Pale Ale which I really like alot!!
You know it will be fresh, cool and ready to go at 5:00pm.
We also got some HogsBack Lager on draught, a new one for us.
Have a good one,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We are serving up pints of Granites Special Bitter which is one of my favorites. Starting at 5:00pm we will tap our fresh cask and drink it into the night until it is done. Come particitape!!!
We also got a keg of Neustadt Porter to try as well.
Have a good one, see you later,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

I lied last week and we actually tapped Darkside IPA from Granite. This week it is actually Granite Best Bitter Special.

Best Bitter Special
Or simply “Dry Hopped” to our regulars, this is our Best Bitter, well hopped with wonderful results. A classic cask ale.

Original Gravity – 1046
Alcohol Content – 4.5%

It's one of my favorites and is a truly classic cask ale.
Fresh tapped at 5:00pm. Come get some.
Colin.