Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Sundays @ Smokeless Joe

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Colin @ Canada

Cask Sundays @ Smokeless Joe

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Hello again, and thanks for joining me for my weekly column titled "Smokeless Joe Cask Sunday".
Seriously, we have a geat one this week, I've never tried, Sawdust City Brewery's "Long Dark Voyage to Uranus". Sounds delicious cause it is!
We will be tapping at 5:00pm, so come on down and try some. I'll be there, isn't that reason enough?
Colin.
We also have some Cheshire Valley Porter pouring as well.
Hope to see you.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

In order to make it easier for Colin to post about what beers will be featured each week - and for people to discuss the weekly events if they'd like - I've converted Colin's Jan 29th Cask Sundays post into a sticky thread for the series.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Colin posted about tonight's event in a separate thread which I nuked - here's what he said:

This week we got some awesome Cask! We be pourin Augusta Ale starting at five pm. We will NOT be showing the superbowl game cause we don't have a tv.
Besides, a good conversation beats a football game anyday.
See you at the bar.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

This Sunday we got a favorite of ours from our pal Bruce at Durham Brewery. We will be pouring Red Dragon. We open at 5:00pm and look forword to serving you.
We also just got in Hops and Robbers from Double Trouble brewery on tap so that is available as well.
Colin.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Colin: I'm in town every other sunday afternoon...Been wanting to try hops and robbers and LOVE Red Dragon...see you @ 5:00!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Happy family day weekend.
We got in a great cask this week. Indie Alehouse IPA (6.5%). Come on down and try one.
We tapped a new draught as well. "Sir, your moustache tastes sour" from Nickel Brook is on. Tastes like a true Belgian flemish brown.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

This Sunday is very special to us as we are bringing back an old staple. Joe carried Durham ESB on tap at the original Joe location since the get go until late last year.
This Sunday we are bringing it back but on cask!
At 5:00pm we are tapping our bar top pin of ESB.

We still have the Nickel Brook sour on but the last keg of this creation is almost gone. We also put on La Trappe trappist Tripel from Netherlands as a new addition and Hops and Robbers as well.
Hope to see you,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Welcome back.
We got our cask Sunday again. I swear it feels like only a week ago since we did our last one.
This week we got a pin of Nickel Brook's Cuvee. This should be fun. Never tried it myself. Matt will be running the show so come down and try some.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Don't forget to put your clock ahead one hour today as you don't want to be late for cask Sunday!!
Today I called upon our pals at Granite and I am tapping their Darkside IPA and we will be open at 5:00pm sharp.
We also got in some Nickel Brook Cuvee on tap which is cool as well.
Hope to see you,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

This Sunday we got some cask pourin. Come by after the Amsterdam tasting at the barns. We will be serving some Granite Hopping Mad. So don't drink too much tonight (paddys day).
We also have some Peche Mortel from Dieu du Ciel brewery in Montreal on tap for a few more days.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Come on down on Sunday for some cask!!
As usual we open at five.
We are going to serve up some Headstock IPA cask!!
Never had this on cask myself so come down and try some with us.
If the weather is good I will open up our front windows for a patio like experience.
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Sorry for the late post. But we are having cask sunday continue to Monday this week. Tonight (Monday) we are serving Alternator from Granite. This is a one off that was also served at the breast cancer fundraiser at Volo. Last chance to try some. It is an Altbier style.

Also on Mondays we have our half price oyster night. Beer and oysters, what a match.
We just tapped a keg of Headstock IPA as well.
See you tonight,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We got some Granite for our Sunday Cask. We will be serving up fresh pints of their IPA cask ale starting at five.
Also new on tap is Amsterdam Spring Bock. Their Bock wont be around long so try some now.
happy easter,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Today when we open today (Sunday) at five, our cask will be filled with lots of fresh "Old Peculiar" Ale from Granite Brewing.
Come on down on this gloomy Sunday and enjoy one of man kinds finest creations.... REAL ALE!!
We also have Muskoka's new seasonal "Spring Oddity" on tap as well, and its freakin good.
Have a good one till then,
Colin.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

I got some blues and cask happening tonight at Smokeless. I will be playing some new and old music from Ontario's own Harrison Kennedy who is one of my favorite blues musicians, and we will be pourin some Hopping Mad from granite.
We also just tapped Boneshaker IPA as well and we are shucking some large malpeque oysters from PEI.
See you tonight at five.
Colin.