Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak Meet & Greet @ Gambrinus Bistro February 23

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Milos

Black Oak Meet & Greet @ Gambrinus Bistro February 23

Post by Milos »

Thursday, February 23, 2012
7PM

Join us for a night of great beers and awesome people.

Black Oak Brewing Company is coming to Gambrinus in London.

Pop in and meet Ken Woods - founde & president of Black Oak
and brewmaster Simon DaCosta.

Meet thee guys behind one of the best breweries in Ontario.

Beer line up will include:

Mystery cask
10 Bitter Years Double IPA
Nutcracker Porter
Pale Ale
Nut Brown Ale
Last year and this year versions of:
Double Chocolate Cherry Stout

As usually

No cover - No minimums - No reservations

Come early, bring your friends and family; heck bring strangers, too, if they like craft beer!
So many beers and so little time!!

nicktbm

Post by nicktbm »

Hey I heard a rumor that MR RANDALL is showing up at this? Looking forward to this visit!! :D

Milos

Post by Milos »

Yes! Randall is coming out to meet Black Oak Pale Ale.
Stop by and see what will our mad scientists Nick and Adil try to feed him!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Damn...Randalized Pale, Nutcracker Porter, 10 Bitter Years, and a mystery cask? I'm in for this one! :)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

On Twitter they said they were sending a cask of "Figgy Nut Brown" to the Gambrinus thing, so I'm guessing that's the mystery cask.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

andrewrg wrote: On Twitter they said they were sending a cask of "Figgy Nut Brown" to the Gambrinus thing, so I'm guessing that's the mystery cask.
Glad to hear the cask is a one-off that I haven't tried before. It'll round out my session nicely.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cratez wrote:
andrewrg wrote: On Twitter they said they were sending a cask of "Figgy Nut Brown" to the Gambrinus thing, so I'm guessing that's the mystery cask.
Glad to hear the cask is a one-off that I haven't tried before. It'll round out my session nicely.
Round this, London boy!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Round this, London boy!
I don't swing that way Len. :wink:

Milos

Post by Milos »

Yes, it will be Figgy Nut Brown on cask! It is getting ready and it will be in a perfect condition by Thursday!!

Liverdie

Post by Liverdie »

Well you are having some good beer events at Gambrinus...Black Oak regularly holds parties at their breweries and I hear they are a good time

Let us know how it went.

Cheers,
Live or Die by Good Beer

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Good time had by all. I switched up my pints of 10 Bitter Years with the Figgy Nut Brown and Porter and it was nice to chat with Ken again. The cask was better than I expected as the figs added a delicious bock-like sweetness to the already solid base beer. Really scrumptuous stuff. I was so busy yapping to everyone that I missed out on the Randalized Pale Ale (run through Cascade hops and maple candy) but from what I was hearing it went over well. These guys make some of the best and most consistent beers in Ontario and we're lucky to have their taps available in London. Cheers!