Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Patio Saison - Apr 1st or 18 deg+

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Beau's Patio Saison - Apr 1st or 18 deg+

Post by Cass »

Fun idea.
“Patio Saison” Beer Arrives in April: Stay Tuned for Details
Snappy new beer from Beau’s All Natural will Spring Up on 30 Patios across Ontario on the first day in April forecast to be +18 degrees C and Sunny

OTTAWA — (Mar. 19, 2012) Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company is turning the decision-making over to Mother Nature when it comes to the release date of a new Wild Oats release. The beer, called “Patio Saison” will spring up on licensed patios in Ottawa, Eastern Ontario and Toronto on the first day in each region after April 1 forecast to be at least 18 degrees C and sunny. With the warm weather Ontario has already received so far in March, patrons can expect to ring in Patio Saison pretty early in April.

“We wanted to celebrate the return of patio weather with something unique this year, and thought it would be fun to launch a beer in different cities and multiple patios, based on the local weather forecast,” says brewery co-founder Steve Beauchesne. “Being able to sit in the sunshine and sip a beer with friends after being cooped up indoors all winter is worth a bit of hoop-la, we thought,” adds Beauchesne.

The saison style beer has its origins in the Wallonia region of Belgium. Traditionally this beer was brewed to slake the thirst of farmhands during harvest time, so it makes a perfect companion to the warmer weather. At 5.9% abv, the crisp and refreshing ale displays peppery notes in harmony with citrus zest, intriguing floral aromas and a pleasant clove flavour. It has a snappy taste and a dry finish.

Patio Saison will not be sold through the brewery or online, but instead served by the glass on the following 30 patios across Ontario, sometime in April, based on local weather forecast for +18 and sunny:

TORONTO: The Rhino, Cloak and Dagger, Bar Volo, Victory Café, La Societe, Bryden’s, Grapefruit Moon, Smokeless Joes, Burger Bar, Rebel House, The Local, Bellevue Café, Ceili Cottage, The Only Café, House on Parliament, The Brain, Stout Irish Pub

OTTAWA: Heart and Crown Preston, Heart and Crown Byward, Lieutenant’s Pump, Arrow and Loon, Irene’s, Whispers

EASTERN ONTARIO: Barley Mow (Almonte), Beau’s Brewery & Windsor Tavern (Vankleek Hill), Cheshire Cat (Carp), Schnitzels (Cornwall)

CENTRAL ONTARIO: Elements (Peterborough), Trattorio Gusto (Port Hope), Kingston Brewing Co. (Kingston)
Last edited by Cass on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Looks like I'll have to make a little trip if I want to try this beer. The Brain has certainly lost my business for the foreseeable future! Unprofessional douchebags abound.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Cale wrote:Looks like I'll have to make a little trip if I want to try this beer. The Brain has certainly lost my business for the foreseeable future! Unprofessional douchebags abound.
what happened at the Brain??

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

matt7215 wrote:
Cale wrote:Looks like I'll have to make a little trip if I want to try this beer. The Brain has certainly lost my business for the foreseeable future! Unprofessional douchebags abound.
what happened at the Brain??
It's a long story but needless to say they acted very immature and unprofessional when asked about a certain type of beer. It wasn't just a random bartender either, but the person responsible for getting in the beer. There have been many little things that have bothered me about the place but that was the straw that broke the back.

The place is a clubhouse, and if you're not part of that club then it's not always the most welcoming place.

It's a shame we don't really have any other beer bars that will bring in the odd interesting bottle - but I don't mind making the trip to Toronto if there's something I really want to try.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

This is today in TO.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Had it on Saturday night at Burger Bar... got me a visor too.. no clue what I'll do with the visor but it's a very neat idea. Good beer too.
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."