Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Corks @ Longos Cask night - Friday 13th of April

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Garthicus

Corks @ Longos Cask night - Friday 13th of April

Post by Garthicus »

Hello all,

I haven't seen this mentioned so I'll post. The 'Corks' at Longos in Maple Leaf Square by the ACC will be tapping their first ever cask on Friday the 13th at 1730hrs. It's going to be a Black Oak Hop Bomb.

The staff all seem pretty excited about it. If you haven't been to Corks at Longos you're missing out. All they serve is Ontario Craft Beer and Wine. You can also order pizzas from the in house pizzeria and have cheese boards etc (no, I don't work there, I just love the place)

So come on down and show some support on Friday. I'll certainly be there!

Slainte,

Al
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'll echo Al's comments - Corks is a cool spot and one that is worth supporting - they have a craft beer bar in their grocery store, pretty damn unique. I gave them a Golden Tap Award last year for their efforts.

Corks tells me that Ken will be there at 5:30 to do the tapping.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Does anyone know if they'll make it?
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Baring anything unusual at work, my girlfriend and I will be going.
lister

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I drank the Hop Bomb at C'est What for the Jays 16 inning extravaganza last week. I recall liking it very much...

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

There was a great turnout at Corks. I believe the cask sold out in an incredible 56 mins!