Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak Brewery Board Games Night - Apr 25th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Black Oak Brewery Board Games Night - Apr 25th

Post by GregClow »

A fun new initiative from Black Oak...

Black Oak Brewery Board Games Night

Wednesday April 25th from 6:30-9:30 pm, and we'll order the pizza and beer. 75 Horner Unit #1

$10.00 at the door gets you 4 drink tokens and pizza!If you are the designated driver, then it is $5 for pizza!

As always, we're accessible via the TTC and would be happy to call you a cab at the end of the night. Please do not drink and drive.

If you've got some game lovin' or nerdy friends who have yet to discover the joys of Ontario Craft Beer, BYOBG Party would be a great introduction! Se ya all then...

Cheers,
Your friends at Black Oak

Facebook event page:
Brewery Website: http://www.blackoakbeer.com
Last edited by GregClow on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Went to their board game night last month. Was a pretty good time and they had a great turnout!

The drink tickets last month were monopoly money. They said they would be switching it up every month so you can't go and raid your own monopoly board ;)

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Was there a good turn out this time? It sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to attend. Weeknights are not easy for me to get out for beer events and Wednesdays are the worst for me ( standing date with my daughter - she'd be crushed if I skipped our night for beer ). If there is a board game night on a Friday or Saturday I would be there for sure!

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

The turnout was reasonable. It was a quiet night for the most part. People played board games at their tables, not a lot of socializing or anything. Maybe around 30+ people? Not sure exactly.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I missed this one again :( I was excited to go but needed sleep more than boardgames :(

People interested in Board Games should check out Wil Wheaton's new show Tabletop on YouTube. First episode was great, featuring the game Smallworld.