Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Forest City Beer Fest @ APK Live, London - Aug 11

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Forest City Beer Fest @ APK Live, London - Aug 11

Post by GregClow »

Forest City Beer Fest

Saturday August 11th from 4:00 - Midnight at APK Live
340 Wellington St., London (Corner of York & Wellington)

$15 Admission - includes take-home sampling glass & 3 beer tickets + DJ and Live Bands

Special Menu to be announced
Live music lineup to be announced

PARTICIPATING BREWERS:

Flying Monkeys
Great Lakes
Hops & Robbers/North American Craft
Lake of Bays
McClelland Premium Imports (Delirium Tremens + More)
Mill St.
Muskoka
Nickel Brook
Railway City
Silversmith
Snowman - Gluten Free Beer making a special appearance!
Spearhead
Steamwhistle

TICKETS:

Online tickets @ www.forestcitybeerfest.com/tickets

Hard Tickets:

APK Live 519-601-5483
Artfusion Gallery 519-709-7686
Grooves Records 519-640-6714
Hot Dog Musique & Cinema 519-850-3903
Osmap’s Grilled Cheeserie
Jonathon’s 519-434-5443
Brewhaven Beer & WIne 519-680-0164
Last edited by GregClow on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

adventures_alc

Post by adventures_alc »

Thanks for posting this Greg. My name is Aaron and I am behind the fest.

If anyone wants to get a hold of me email info@forestcitybeerfest.com

:)

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

You can now sign up for this event on Facebook and Rate Beer, and it's currently pending approval on Beer Advocate. This is just a way of RSVPing, though; you still have to buy your tickets online or in-person (at the spots listed above).

Also, I think the poster is worth sharing here, as it's totally bad ass. Aaron has clearly put a lot of thought and effort into organizing this. Well done, sir!

"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

adventures_alc

Post by adventures_alc »

Thanks for sharing the poster. It is pretty badas if i don't say so myself. Check out the bottom right of Hogarth's 'Beer Street' for the original in context. You'd want a quart of ale too if you had to be a ticket porter in the mid 1700's.

If you're in the London area then please come down.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

I'm hoping to make it out to this (have to confirm camping plans first). I'm really glad to see a beerfest back in London after the the one that was at King and Clarence died.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Sounds cool. I will likely make the trip down for this.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Some local media coverage here: http://ow.ly/csrHZ
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Look great and I hope it is a hit. The last London beer fest was a frat boy sausage fest that sucked a huge rod.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Looks great and I hope it is a hit. The last London beer fest was a frat boy sausage fest that sucked a huge rod.
Molson and Labatt were there and they draw that type of crowd; luckily this one's all craft. Don't think the gender mix should be an issue either as the ~250 people that have RSVP'ed look pretty evenly divided between males and females. You should come down and show your support Len!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cratez wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: Looks great and I hope it is a hit. The last London beer fest was a frat boy sausage fest that sucked a huge rod.
Molson and Labatt were there and they draw that type of crowd; luckily this one's all craft. Don't think the gender mix should be an issue either as the ~250 people that have RSVP'ed look pretty evenly divided between males and females. You should come down and show your support Len!
I bet it didn't help that the first year was headlined by Bobnoxious...that brought all the gems out of the woodwork. I remember I was working at the Railway City booth that night....sheesh.

I don't think I'll be coming to London for the event. Gotta save my cash for Heavy T.O!!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

i may head down for this.

can you still camp at fanshawe park?

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

dale cannon wrote: i may head down for this.

can you still camp at fanshawe park?
Book now my friend! :wink:

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I'll be down in London for this tomorrow, not quite at 4, likely sometime between 5 and 6. Any other BT's going, feel free to say "hey" to the dude with a shaved head and glasses (this guy right here).

Cheers!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

boney wrote: I'll be down in London for this tomorrow, not quite at 4, likely sometime between 5 and 6. Any other BT's going, feel free to say "hey" to the dude with a shaved head and glasses (this guy right here). Cheers!
I'll keep an eye out for ya. To everyone else, I'm manning the tickets table in the afternoon so if you see a bald guy (common thing among beer nerds?) with a grey and red Fat Head's t-shirt, come say hi. Cheers!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

This was a pretty awesome little festival, with a great turnout. Nice to see the craft beer love in mid-sized Ontario markets.

Great to meet you Cratez. It was also nice to catch up some old friends in the L-Spot and good to meet a lot of people involved with the breweries for the first time. What happened to Flying Monkeys, I wonder.?

I hope this was the first of many Forest City Beer Fests. The only downside was that I destroyed my glass walking home. I had a slice of Stobies in one hand and accidently crushed my glass on the corner of a building as I was carelessly swinging my other free arm in a slightly uncoodinated, minorly inebriated fashion while walking back to my hotel. Haha.