Just realized that there has been no thread started to discuss this year's edition of Cask Days, and tickets have been on sale for over a week! Quite a change from previous years when people were rabid about it.
Here's the info available so far...
Cask Days 2012
8th Annual Cask-Conditioned Craft Beer Festival
TORONTO, ON — (Aug 13, 2012) October has become Ontario’s annual month to celebrate cask-conditioned ale. A term for unfiltered, unpasteurized, naturally carbonated beer that undergoes a secondary fermentation in the cask (container). Once tapped, cask-ale - also referred to as “real ale”, has only a few days to be consumed at its peak; We call these days Cask Days.
We are excited to announce the 8th year of our cask-conditioned craft beer festival in Toronto, Ontario which will take place on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th 2012. This year we will be hosting the festivities at a new venue, Evergreen Brickworks (550 Bayview Avenue), a dynamic public space in the heart of Toronto's Don Valley. The festival is planning to feature cask-conditioned ales from over 50 micro-breweries across the country and will also introduce an international section showcasing casks from outside of Canada – marking the only festival of its kind in the country.
Cask Days was founded by barVolo in 2005 and has remained family run for the last eight years. The event has evolved into one of the most exciting craft beer festivals in the industry and a major contributor to the Ontario craft beer community. It has also encouraged brewers to experiment, explore diverse styles and have the opportunity to showcase their finest brews, in most cases – one off’s that are especially made for the event in cask-conditioned form. Our aim this year is to give you a unique beer festival experience that celebrates not only local craft beer but local food, art and music. Tickets are now available for purchase, please visit our event page for more information!
Cask Days 2012 Will Feature...
* Cask-conditioned ales from micro-breweries across Canada
* 100+ different beers available from 50+ participating breweries
* One-offs, seasonal, or specialty casks only (non-regularly produced beers)
* Brewery collaboration area (unique collaboration one offs for Cask Days 2012)
* International offerings showcasing guest casks from outside of Canada
* Seminars about cask-conditioned ale with guest speakers
* "Cask Your Vote" - Best of Cask Days 2012 (Vote for your favorite beers)
* Breakfast with the brewers (BMO Atrium) catered by local chefs
* Brewery spotlight featuring five unique casks from one select micro-brewery
* Select local food and drink vendors within the event space
* Pop up events across Ontario leading up to Cask Days including Beau’s Oktoberfest