Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rogue Beer Dinner @ beerbistro - Wed Sep 19

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Rogue Beer Dinner @ beerbistro - Wed Sep 19

Post by GregClow »

Not sure if this is an official Toronto Beer Week event or not, but it's been a while since they've had a big blow-out brewery dinner at beerbistro, so it should be pretty nice either way...

Join us while we celebrate the Official Draft Launch of Rogue Ales in Ontario!

This fabulous beer paired dinner will feature 10 courses in a limited seating atmosphere at beerbistro (18 King Street East).

These are some of the feature brews that will be available that night:

Mark your calendars and take note of these details, tickets will sell out quickly!

Date: Wednesday September 19, 2012
First Drink: 6:00pm
Tickets: $125

Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday September 4th at 10:00am by calling beerbistro - reservation by credit card.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Here's a bit more info about this dinner, in flyer form...

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Yup, it's an official event for Toronto Beer Week! http://bit.ly/Q43ug9

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Is it coincidence or good planning that the Rogue event falls on International Talk Like a Pirate Day?

Either way, "Here’s to ourselves, the hold your luff, plenty of prizes and plenty of duff"

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Seriously, it looks like a fantastic event. Wish I could make it to this one.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

toweringpine wrote:Is it coincidence or good planning that the Rogue event falls on International Talk Like a Pirate Day?
Yarrrrr! Maybe we can convince beerbistro to change their music over to Alestorm for the occassion:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Quite the dinner last night. 10 courses, 8 Rogue beers on tap, 1 in the bottle and their whiskey.

A luxurious delight as always to have a beer dinner at beerbistro.

Pretty remarkable to see all the Rogue beers on tap, will be interesting to see if they stick around and go to more bars. They are repped by Premier Brands which owns one of the Ontario keg distribution licenses so they're making the most of it for their client.

munrets

Post by munrets »

I'm not clear on something: were the beers on tap just for the event or is Beer Bistro keeping some Rogue as a regular tap? If so, is it known which beer(s) is/are sticking around?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

No idea, but I'm sure they will run through the 8 kegs they have until they're gone. Likely keep one or two in rotation but they don't have the capacity to maintain all of them moving forward.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Cass wrote: Pretty remarkable to see all the Rogue beers on tap, will be interesting to see if they stick around and go to more bars.
As posted on facebook tonight, The Kickoff in Waterloo is dedicating a Rogue tap and will have Yellow Snow IPA on tomorrow and others to follow.
Here at Kickoff we are dedicating a tap to Rogue beers. Yellow snow pale ale is in the cooler and will be available for your enjoyment tomorrow evening. Bill
KO is on a bit of a tear this fall. Harvest ale on tap tonight . SH Blackened Imperial Pilsner yesterday, and a promise of a bunch of Quebec beers to come.
Life outside the GTA is awesome!

PS We'll be downtown Toronto tomorrow for the first time in a month seeing how it compares to Podunk Waterloo!

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

NRman wrote:KO is on a bit of a tear this fall. Harvest ale on tap tonight . SH Blackened Imperial Pilsner yesterday, and a promise of a bunch of Quebec beers to come.
Troy really is doing some impressive stuff. He was the only one I even considered to have the Blackened Imp. Pils in Waterloo. You would never think it would be such a beer haven from the outside though... ha!

Although with less taps, I think Imbibe in Kitchener will be the next best place to go (when there up and running, which should be this week). Bill (owner/manager )was a beer rep. for us and for Flying Monkeys, so he knows his beer and has the connections.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
NRman wrote:KO is on a bit of a tear this fall. Harvest ale on tap tonight . SH Blackened Imperial Pilsner yesterday, and a promise of a bunch of Quebec beers to come.
Troy really is doing some impressive stuff. He was the only one I even considered to have the Blackened Imp. Pils in Waterloo. You would never think it would be such a beer haven from the outside though... ha!

Although with less taps, I think Imbibe in Kitchener will be the next best place to go (when there up and running, which should be this week). Bill (owner/manager )was a beer rep. for us and for Flying Monkeys, so he knows his beer and has the connections.
wow i had no idea Bill was the one behing Imbibe

im considerably more excited now

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Bill just informed me Imbibe will be open for business on Monday, and the Blackened Imperial Pilsner will be on. Cheers!