Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

GLB Tap Takeover @ Milos' Craft Beer Emporium - Nov 17

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Pub Style
Bar Fly

GLB Tap Takeover @ Milos' Craft Beer Emporium - Nov 17

Post by Pub Style »

The City - London, ON.
The Venue - Milos' Craft Beer Emporium
The Date - Saturday November 17th

Yes, the Great Lakes team is heading down the 401 to INVADE Milos' Craft Beer Emporium at 420 Talbot Street on Saturday November 17th. There will be a ticketed session between 4pm and 7pm that will set you back $20. With that you'll receive 6 drink tickets and will have the first opportunity to try some of the, are you ready for this?, wait for it... 23 Great Lakes beers that we'll be bringing with us!! That's right! We're going to take over all the taps at Milos' and we'll even have some very special bottles of our Dirtbag McQuaig’s Malt Liquor For Fine Gentlemen. The $20 ticket price will also allow you to meet our talented brewer, Mike Lackey, and some other GLB personnel.

The doors to the general public will open at 7:30pm, but be warned - some of the beers may or may not last that long.

How do you go about getting tickets? All you have to do is call the fine folks at Milos' and they'll help you out. The number to call: 519.601.4447

Keep an eye out for the list of beers we'll be offering as we inch closer to the actual event date. We'll post them here, on our Facebook page, and through our Twitter account!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Anyone going from TO? I am intrigued but its a long haul.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I wish I could - looks like an awesome event!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I'm down if we can find a place to crash for the evening. Will pay for a couch in beer.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JerCraigs wrote:Anyone going from TO? I am intrigued but its a long haul.
I'm considering it.

The train looks like a good option for those who want to go in just for the ticketed portion and not spend the night. It's bit spendy ($50ish round trip, I think), but convenient - there are a few that arrive in London before 4:00pm, and a 7:40pm train back to Toronto. Plus the train station is just a few blocks from Milos'.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

For any T.O. Towelers who want to attend this: I'll be driving down in the afternoon and will gladly give a ride to anyone who can make it out to the west end. I have seating for 5 (including me) and won't charge for gas. But I'm staying in London so you'll have to find your own way back (I'd suggest the train Saturday night or Sunday afternoon). PM me if you're interested.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Here it is folks! The entire line-up for our INVASION of @PubMilos on Saturday!

Draught List

1. 25th Anniversary Belgian Saison - 6.5%
2. 25th Anniversary Imperial Black IPA (Nitro) - 9.5%
3. 25th Anniversary Porter (Bourbon Barrel Aged - 8%
4. 25th Anniversary Robust Porter - 7%
5. Miami Weiss Wheat Ale - 4.5%
6. Puzzler (Belgian Imperial Black IPA) *Collab with Phillips Brewing Co, BC - 9.1%
7. My Bitter Wife IPA - 6.8%
8. Milk Tits Imperial Milk IPA - *Collab with MILOS & ADIL
9. Karma Citra IPA - 7%
10. Deliverance Farmhouse Ale - 6.2%
11. Alipeno (Jalapeño Ale) - 6%
12. Vanilla Bean Imperial Espresso Stout - 10%
13. Armadildo IPA - 6.5%
14. Saison Dupump (Pumpkin Saison) - 6.2%
15. Full Nelson Double IPA - 10%
16. Daddy Issues (Farmhouse Ale with Brett) - 7%
17. Root Beer Of All Evil (Stout - *Nitro) - 5%
18. Ezra (Saison Aged in Spirit Tree Cider Barrels) *Collab with Amsterdam Brewery - 6.5%
19. Maverick and Gose *Collab with Amsterdam Brewery - 6%
20. Kludge (Oak Aged Sour) - 6%
21. Sacrilege (Brett Saison) - 6.8%
22. Pumpkin Wound (Pumpkin Porter) - 5.5%
23.Audrey HopBurn (Belgian IPA) - 6.2%

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Awesome lineup - wish I was there -

I'd be interested in hearing about the Milk IPA, and the Spirit Tree aged Saison...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

daaaaaamn london, you lookin' sexy with that list. even some Biergotter representin' on there. wonder if i can talk folks into driving up from windsor...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Flood

Post by Flood »

The event is structured as follows:

Session 1 (SOLD OUT) - 4-7 pm

- Tickets grant entry + 6 beer tokens and access to all 23 taps (we have a cap on the number of people in the room, so everybody will be able to try what they want)

Session 2 (GENERAL PUBLIC) - 7:30 pm onwards
- Doors open for 7:30 pm, and from there it is every person for themselves.

Hope to see everybody there!
beer up

MasterChiefP

Post by MasterChiefP »

Saturday is going to be awesome. Thank you Milos for continuing to bring these awesome events to London!!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I went down for the 4-7 session yesterday, and it was easily one of the best beer events I've ever attended in Ontario. And also, with 23 taps, probably the largest single-brewer tap takeover ever held in the province.

It was run remarkably efficiently - doors opened on time (a minute or two early, actually), folks were processed and let in quickly, the crowd was large but not crammed in, and thanks to Adil and two other bartenders working their asses off, the line at the bar was never more than two persons deep.

Every beer I tried was great or better, but the highlights were probably Milk Tits Imperial Milk IPA - beautiful hoppy flavour with a nice creamy body - and Ezra - gorgeous combination of a solid saison with cider and wood notes.

Thanks and kudos to Milos and Adil and crew for throwing such a fine event, and the GLB crew for brewing and bringing excellent beers. Thanks also to cratez for giving blankboy and myself a lift down there, and to everyone I met (including pootzboy and a couple of other Towellers) for being friendly and hospitable.

You folks in London have got great things going on. I hope to be back soon...

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Had a great time. Thanks to Milos' crew for the over the top hospitality. Terrific crowd - immensely friendly vibe in there. Will be back soon.

Milos

Post by Milos »

Thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of fun. I wish my throat was in better shape, so I could actually converse and drink more ;}

Heartfelt thanks goes out to my entire staff; they rock!!!
Huge XOXO to all of our great supporters in London!

We provided the venue, the real stars were the beers!
Lackey, words cannot describe how impressive those beers were / are.
So many beers and so little time!!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

A good time had by all, good beer, good chat with fellow foamheads ( great to meet you Greg , Cratez and other fellow bartowelers). Actually met a local who enjoyed Glatt Bros. chili beer.

Adil, tap jocky supreme and brewing conspiritor was setting the tap handles on fire. Milos - congrats on a top flight craft beer event west of the big smoke. The Emporium is without doubt the leading venue for craft beer culture in the forest city.

Hats off to Great lakes who put out a stunning selection of one-offs with narry a skunk in the bunch - all had good rounded conditioning and were very drinkable. I really look forward to a second pass at that GL paper-bagged malt liquor. I'll be watching for another sporty "40" of that at future events.

BTW - I really hope great lakes releses "milk tits" as a standard seasonal, what a great brew - can't wait to see the expressions on the LCBO product commissars when that label graphic floats across their desks - well as long as it hasn't any skulls or references to alcoholic siezures...... :wink:
Aventinus rules!