Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

GLB Tap Takeover @ Imbibe Food&Drink, Kitchener - Apr 4

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Pub Style
Bar Fly

GLB Tap Takeover @ Imbibe Food&Drink, Kitchener - Apr 4

Post by Pub Style »

GLB Set to Rock Imbibe Food and Drink
Date: Thursday April 4, 2013
Time: 5pm till close
Cost: No Admission, pay per drink

We’re rolling down the 401 on Thursday April 4th to Rock the Taps at Imbibe Food and Drink.

Come hang out with Great Lakes Brewery and some of their award winning beers, which we’ll announce closer to the date. Imbibe has been a great addition to the Kitchener craft beer scene and we at GLB are stoked to work together to throw a killer party at this CRAFT BEER hotspot!

Great Beer
Free Swag
Good Times

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

im there!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Wish I still lived in K-Town...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Here is the list of beers that we'll be bringing with us:

Pompous Ass EPA
Orange Peel Ale
My Bitter Wife IPA
Crazy Canuck Pale Ale
Belgian Dark Strong Ale
25th Anniversary Bourbon Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout

Hope to see some KW people on Thursday!

distr0

Post by distr0 »

how was it?

Funderstorm

Post by Funderstorm »

I attended on Thursday and thought it was great. The place was pretty full for most of the night and I enjoyed trying some new stuff. The Belgian Dark Strong Ale was my favourite but I also really enjoyed the malt liquor that they made and passed around. Hope to see more of these type of events at Imbibe!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

It was very good . For downtown Kitchener it was FANTASTIC! Bill is doing a bang up job of creating a great Kitchener beer destination.
The My Bitter Wife and RIS were highlights for me. Troy and Bill were great hosts as always. Thanks again!

Pics here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 639&type=3

Bill enjoying the Dirtbag McQuaig Malt Liquor For Fine Gentlemen - GLB style!