Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sawdust City Kinda Sorta Tap Takeover @ C'est What - May 7

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Sawdust City Kinda Sorta Tap Takeover @ C'est What - May 7

Post by GregClow »

An excerpt from the latest post on the Sawdust City blog...

On Tuesday, May 7th we'll be taking over 13 taps at one of Toronto's premier beer destinations, C'est What

A Toronto landmark and probably every dudes dream basement, C'est What? has been pourin' pints fer a quarter century and on May 7th, we'll be goin' in and takin' over 13 of their 39 taps! So really it ain't a full on tap take over...it's more of a kinda sorta tap take over. If y'all want, pop by the Facebook event page and read about it

Now I ain't to savvy with this hear computer machine, so if y'all be so kind as too pass it along to all y'all friends...I'd be much obliged.

Now regarding this hear Kinda Sorta Tap Takeover, I done said we'll have 13 beers available, originally we was only gonna do 12, but then we done went for the full on bakers dozen! That's right folks, 10 draughts and 3 casks, it's gonna be a throw down hoe down! So bring yer boots and yer drinkin' arms cause it's gonna be a long night. Here's the list -

1-Gateway Kolsch
2-Ol'Woody Alt
3-Skinny Dipping Stout
4-Lone Pine IPA
5-"Sweet Basil McRae" (Lone Pine cask dry-hopped with sweet basil)*cask*
6-Whiskey Barrel Aged Long, Dark Voyage to Uranus (Uranal Imperial Stout...last keg!)
7-Red Rocket Stout (Coffee, Cinnamon, Cayenne Spiced Stout)
8-"Topenga's Forbidden Fruit" (Belgian IPA aged on Mangos)
9-"Dawson's Kriek" (Barrel Aged Ol'Woody Alt aged on tart cherries)*cask*
10-"How I Really Felt About the BSG Finale" (Sour brown ale aged on peaches)
11-"CCCP:The Peoples Porter" (Charred Chai Cranberry porter)*cask*
12-"COCKpuncher" IIPA (Collaboration with Indie Alehouse)
13-"Four Barrels Barley Wine" (Barrel aged in Ontario Oak barrels, Collaboration with Amsterdam, Great Lakes & Indie Ale House)

There ya have it folks, the full line up. A lot of these are just one-offs, so once they gone, they gone. You've read aboot'em, now comes out and drinks aboot'em!
Last edited by GregClow on Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I had a couple of pints of the Basil McRae and it was like drinking a pine tree, albeit on cask. I had a "Golden Ale" as well which was quite pleasant but I don't recognize it from the list.