Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Canadian Brewing Awards Gala

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Some info from http://westminster.thedukepubs.ca

Canadian Brewing Awards Gala at the Duke!

Tuesday, November 25th

Date: Tuesday, November 25th
Time: 5:00 to 8:00 pm
Location: Grand Hall at the Duke of Westminster (First Canadian Place, 77 Adelaide St. W.)

Admission: $10.00 per person* (Tickets available at the door)

This is your opportunity to sample some of Canada's finest beers from across the country in 14 different categories. The tasting will be followed by the medal presentation to the award winning brewers.
For more information call Daryl at Wine Access (416) 596-1555 x 231.

(* admission provides you with 5 tickets to try some of the medal winning beers from 14 different categories).

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

Does anyone know which breweries are showing off their beers at this? I am especially interested in the non-Ontario and non-Quebec ones, but would be very grateful for a comprehensive list.

BTW no offence is intended to Ontario and Quebec brewers, I like many of the beers from these Provinces, but I know them quite well and am interested in trying new beers too, which is why I ask.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I was wondering what beers will be there myself. give them a call and find out!
Contact Info:
Daryl Angier
daryl@warwickgp.com
416- 596-1480 ext231

When did the date change from the 13th to the 25th?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JerCraigs on 2003-10-31 17:22 ]</font>

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

From our portfolio -- Alley Kat Full Moon Pale Ale (Gold Winner) from Edmonton, Alberta.

Aprikat from Alley Kat won Silver in its category but will not be at the awards.

Cheers, Paul

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Any reports on this event? I was unable to make it, and I'm wondering if anything new and exciting was available for tasting.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I enjoyed myself. Saw Josh and Jesse there as well. There was some decent food, and lots of interesting people there. Beerwise the highlights for me were Terrible and Alley Kat Full Moon Pale Ale. Also tried a couple locals I haven't had or haven't had recently.

There wasn't much there that isn't normally available at the LCBO which was a dissappointment. There were a number of interesting beers that won medals but were not present at the gala.