Zwanze Day/Funk Night @ Bar Volo - Sep 14

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Zwanze Day/Funk Night @ Bar Volo - Sep 14

Postby atomeyes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:17 am

Yes! Confirmed by Cantillon!

Zwanze Day 2013 September 14

Canada gets it at Dieu du Ciel, Volo and Alibi Room.

p.s. to those who are jewish: this is Yom Kippur. crappy timing.
Last edited by atomeyes on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
matt7215
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2946
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Cambridge

Re: Zwanze day, Bar Volo!!!

Postby matt7215 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:19 am

toronto getting zwanze day is awesome!
Last edited by matt7215 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barncat Artisan Ales
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Zwanze day, Bar Volo!!!

Postby atomeyes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:25 am

beer is fun.
Last edited by atomeyes on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
matt7215
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2946
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Cambridge

Re: Zwanze day, Bar Volo!!!

Postby matt7215 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 am

edit
Last edited by matt7215 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barncat Artisan Ales
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Zwanze day, Bar Volo!!!

Postby atomeyes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:29 am

lines are also fun!
Last edited by atomeyes on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
matt7215
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2946
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Cambridge

Postby matt7215 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:34 am

Toronto getting to be involved in Zwanze day is awesome.

It shows how far the beer scene in Ontario has come, and it illustrates how hard the good folks at bar volo/house ales/keep 6 are working to bring the best beer possible to the city.
Last edited by matt7215 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barncat Artisan Ales
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am

anyone know if this is the sour stout that they're brewing?

last year, it was rhubarb (a very nice beer)
Last edited by atomeyes on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
matt7215
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2946
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Cambridge

Postby matt7215 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:39 am

i heart beer
Last edited by matt7215 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barncat Artisan Ales
jrenihan
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 am

Postby jrenihan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:11 am

Terrific news! Very exciting stuff.
Ren
User avatar
groulxsome
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Postby groulxsome » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 am

Any info on how the even will run? I'm assuming it will be ticketed based on past BarVolo events, but I don't know how it really works in other places like DDC. Anyway, it's fantastic news!
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:47 am

groulxsome wrote:Any info on how the even will run? I'm assuming it will be ticketed based on past BarVolo events, but I don't know how it really works in other places like DDC. Anyway, it's fantastic news!


think it is the same everywhere. every bar launches on the same day and at the same time. we'll probably be at the 3-5 PM range.
you wait in line. and wait. and wait. and get a half tulip.
PeenSteen
Bar Fly
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby PeenSteen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:18 pm

atomeyes wrote:anyone know if this is the sour stout that they're brewing?

last year, it was rhubarb (a very nice beer)


No,thats going to be next year...they are keeping this one quiet for now
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:24 pm

i know they're also doing a high-alcohol sour.
User avatar
groulxsome
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Postby groulxsome » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:01 pm

atomeyes wrote:
groulxsome wrote:Any info on how the even will run? I'm assuming it will be ticketed based on past BarVolo events, but I don't know how it really works in other places like DDC. Anyway, it's fantastic news!


think it is the same everywhere. every bar launches on the same day and at the same time. we'll probably be at the 3-5 PM range.
you wait in line. and wait. and wait. and get a half tulip.


I sure hope that it doesn't get super hyped up like the Westy release was in that case. I can see an article in the star getting a bunch of people camping out overnight outside Volo for "some rare sour beer." :p
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Postby Craig » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 pm

groulxsome wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
groulxsome wrote:Any info on how the even will run? I'm assuming it will be ticketed based on past BarVolo events, but I don't know how it really works in other places like DDC. Anyway, it's fantastic news!


think it is the same everywhere. every bar launches on the same day and at the same time. we'll probably be at the 3-5 PM range.
you wait in line. and wait. and wait. and get a half tulip.


I sure hope that it doesn't get super hyped up like the Westy release was in that case. I can see an article in the star getting a bunch of people camping out overnight outside Volo for "some rare sour beer." :p


I'm sure Volo will do a plenty good enough job hyping it to produce painful lines. This is the ugly dark side of the masses getting interested in craft beer.

Return to “Beer Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests