Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Summer Craft Beer Fest in Liberty Village

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Summer Craft Beer Fest in Liberty Village

Post by El Pinguino »

Jsut saw first mention of this in a tweet today.
http://summercraftbeerfest.com/

Tonight until 10pm. Seems like it wasn't promoted very much, or I just wasn't playing attention.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The same people are putting on one at Berkeley Church for Beer Week. The best part about this one is this blurb from their website:

"Each brewery has either brewed something totally unique specifically for this event, or they are bringing you a brand new brew that hasn't hit the shelves yet!"

There's a livingsocial deal right now that gets you two tickets for 20 bucks (one is 17 if you order it online):

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/8013 ... =175801655

Disclaimer: If three people use that link I get my tickets free.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

The Summer Craft Beer was completely overpriced. Almost criminal. If you didn't get in on the limited half-price tickets, it was $35 just for the priviledge of entry. Luckily I got a couple freebies from a friend.

Not a single sample ticket included.

I was there last night and many of the breweries were pouring out of CANS!

I didn't see much in the way of special one-offs at this event. I also didn't see anything that would justify the extremely high ticket price.
^^^Hop-head ^^^