Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

GCBF

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Steve Beaumont

GCBF

Post by Steve Beaumont »

In case anyone is going out to Victoria next week for the GCBF, I'm partnering with local beer guy Joe Wiebe on a sort-of tap takeover event at Spinnakers the night prior to the fest, where I'll be launching the new Pocket Beer Guide 2014, as well. Here are the basics from the press release:

As a celebration of British Columbia’s burgeoning craft beer industry on the eve of the 21st annual Great Canadian Beer Festival, Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub (308 Catherine Street) will turn over ten of its taps to beers from top B.C. craft breweries, as selected by Joe Wiebe, author of the bestselling book, Craft Beer Revolution: The Insider’s Guide to B.C. Breweries (published in May, 2013 by Douglas & McIntyre).
This multi-brewery “tap takeover” will be launched with a special event on Thursday, September 5 at 6:00 pm where Wiebe will be joined at Spinnakers by fellow Canadian and international beer authority Stephen Beaumont, in town to launch his new Pocket Beer Guide 2014 (Sterling Epicure), co-written with Tim Webb. Covering breweries from all over the globe, the Pocket Beer Guide features over 3,600 beer reviews from St. Petersburg to São Paulo and Seattle to Saigon, including many from B.C.