Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Pinball Crawl presented by KBCo/3030 - Sep 28

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Mike-KBCo

Pinball Crawl presented by KBCo/3030 - Sep 28

Post by Mike-KBCo »

The Kensington Brewing Company and 3030 would like to formally invite you to The Pinball Crawl!

The Pinball Crawl is a celebration of pinball and craft beer (and the recent launch of Tilt, our pinball-themed one-off!). This event is a combination pub-crawl and pinball competition that will take place at several beer destinations in Toronto.

The idea is to enjoy some wicked craft beer while competing against each other for pinball supremacy. The event will start at Handlebar in Kensington Market and finish at 3030 for the Pinball Sessions concert series.

Pinball Crawl Instructions:

1. Start the crawl at Handlebar (159 Augusta Ave) with the Mata Hari machine and a pint of Tilt.
2. Take a picture of yourself with your high score and tweet to @DrinkGoodBeer with the hashtag #PinBallCrawl. Make sure to also record your high score on the score sheet we will provide.
3. Using your map, locate the next venue and repeat steps 1 & 2.
4. End your night at 3030 for the Pinball Sessions, an amazing concert series featuring Dani Nash band and Samantha Martin and The Haggard.

Date: September 28th
Time: 3pm-late
Cost: free, just bring money for beer and quarters for pinball

For more info and to RSVP visit the event page:

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I had a great time. I was planning on quitting this crawl and heading to Volo after 8 but I was having so much fun I stayed right through to the end. Thanks to KBC and 3030 for the hospitality.

If you've not checked out 3030 before it is worth the trip! Lots of great taps and six pinball machines. The craft selection in the west end is improving!

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

toweringpine wrote:I had a great time. I was planning on quitting this crawl and heading to Volo after 8 but I was having so much fun I stayed right through to the end. Thanks to KBC and 3030 for the hospitality.

If you've not checked out 3030 before it is worth the trip! Lots of great taps and six pinball machines. The craft selection in the west end is improving!
Glad you had a great time!

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

It is also worth mentioning that Tilt is a really nice brew. A light and refreshing wheat beer with plenty of hops and just the right amount wheaty tartness. At 4.4% it was a great beer to accompany the event. I am not sure how long it will be available but since it is a one off it is worth seeking out now. I suspect it will be a real hit if it makes a reappearance next summer. I would have been wise to stick with it longer, the pint and a half of cask Smashbomb at the fourth or fifth pub was the beginning of my downfall.