Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nick Pashley Talk @ Tollkeeper's Cottage - Nov 27

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Nick Pashley Talk @ Tollkeeper's Cottage - Nov 27

Post by Cass »

Not sure if beer tasting is involved, but sounds interesting.
Nick Pashley talks about the delights of beer and breweries and their influence in early Toronto. Come hear his engaging and humourous presentation about our predilection for liquid refreshment. Wednesday November 27, 7 pm to 9 pm, $10. 750 Davenport Road at the Tollkeeper's Cottage Museum. The title of Nick’s talk is ‘Ale and Hearty – 220 years of Beer in Ontario’.
http://www.tollkeeperscottage.ca/html/E ... 13.htm#nov
Last edited by Cass on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Cass wrote:Not sure if beer tasting is involved, but sounds interesting.
Nick Pashley talks about the delights of beer and breweries and their influence in early Toronto. Come hear his engaging and humourous presentation about our predilection for liquid refreshment. Wednesday November 27, 7 pm to 9 pm, $10. 750 Davenport Road at the Tollkeeper's Cottage Museum. The title of Nick’s talk is ‘Ale and Hearty – 220 years of Beer in Ontario’.
http://www.tollkeeperscottage.ca/html/E ... 13.htm#nov
Ontario Beer History, eh? I'm down.
saintjohnswort.ca

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Just to confirm there will not be any beer at this event.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Cass wrote:Just to confirm there will not be any beer at this event.
Still down.
saintjohnswort.ca

Publican

Post by Publican »

I'll be there as well. Does anyone know of a close place that would have good beer for a pint or three after Nick's talk?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Publican wrote:I'll be there as well. Does anyone know of a close place that would have good beer for a pint or three after Nick's talk?
I think the Victory would be the closest, not sure how long it would take you to walk down Bathurst, though - 15 minutes, maybe?

Also, it's not one of my regular Toronto nights, but I'll try to be there as well...I've wanted to visit the cottage for a long time. I miss it every doors open.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Publican wrote:I'll be there as well. Does anyone know of a close place that would have good beer for a pint or three after Nick's talk?
Grapefruit Moon is close, but controversial since the apparently hostile takeover of one of the co-owners. I don't know much, but apparently the vibe has changed...

Victory is the closest big beer bar, 10-15 minutes is about right for the walk.

I'm pretty interested in attending this, assuming my actual history reading/researching/writing doesn't get in the way of my beer history listening/learning. :lol:

Publican

Post by Publican »

Depending on how cold it is on November 27th I'll either walk or take the Bathurst bus down to the Victory