Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A day of XX Tempest & Adventure Brews at Amsterdam BrewH

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

amsterdambeer

A day of XX Tempest & Adventure Brews at Amsterdam BrewH

Post by amsterdambeer »

- A Tempest vertical at Amsterdam BrewHouse will honour the release of Barrel Aged Double Tempest with exclusive samples and rare brews available by the glass -

Toronto (Nov. 19, 2013) – On Saturday, November 30, 2013, Amsterdam Brewery is to release their much-anticipated BARREL AGED DOUBLE TEMPEST with an event that beer aficionados will not want to miss. A specialty voucher will be granted to patrons who purchase four bottles of BARREL AGED DOUBLE TEMPEST, which can be traded at the bar of the Amsterdam BrewHouse for a limited edition flight. This flight is to include a 3-year vertical of our Tempest Imperial Stout. The shelves of the Amsterdam Retail Stores will be lined, and BARREL AGED DOUBLE TEMPEST will be available for purchase at 1pm*.

In addition to the limited offering of specialty Tempest flights, Amsterdam BrewHouse will also have several rare Amsterdam Adventure Brews, and Adventure Brew collaborations, available to be purchased by the glass. While quantities last, the following line up will be listed on the rare Adventure Brew menu for this occasion:

Boxer – Farmhouse Ale with Brett.

Bastogne De Or – Golden Ale with Brett. A collaboration with House Ales.

Lady Stavoren – Wheat Wine with Nelson Sauvignon hops.

Imperial Saison – With Ice Wine Must and Juice. A collaboration with Great Lakes Brewery.

Four Barrels Barley Wine – Aged in Ontario Ash barrel. A collaboration with Four Barrels.

Order and Chaos – Wit aged in fresh Chardonnay barrels.

Rye Peppercorn Saison – Aged in Cab Franc barrels.

Fracture IIPA – Brewed with Simcoe, Columbus, Centennial and Citra hops then double dry hopped.

Executive Chef Avaughn Wells will be serving a specialty Adventure Brew inspired menu that will be offered exclusively at the Amsterdam BrewHouse for a limited time. Several Adventure Brews from the Amsterdam Brewery vault will also be available for purchase in the Amsterdam Retail Store at 245 Queens Quay W., while supplies last.

BARREL AGED DOUBLE TEMPEST is made with double the malt and double the hops that it takes to make Tempest Imperial Stout. Aged in Four Roses bourbon barrels for 9 months, and hopped with generous amounts of Warrior hops, BARREL AGED DOUBLE TEMPEST is full of dense chocolate and deep malt flavours with a rich, long candied bourbon and oak finish. At 15% ABV and 115 IBU, this strong beer ages well for up to 3 years.

*A four bottle limit will be implemented per person for purchases of BARREL AGED DOUBLE TEMPEST. Flight voucher to be redeemed at Amsterdam BrewHouse on the Lake, and is only valid through Saturday, November 30, 2013.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:

Twitter:

@AmsterdamBeer

@AmsterdamBH

Facebook:

facebook.com/AmsterdamBeer

Instagram:

@AmsterdamBeer

@AmsterdamBH

About Amsterdam Brewing Co.
Amsterdam Brewing Co. is an independently owned and operated craft brewery that is deeply rooted in the city of Toronto. A pioneer of the Canadian craft beer revolution in 1986, initially called the Amsterdam Brasserie and Brew Pub, The Amsterdam was the FIRST CRAFT BREWERY in Toronto. All beers are GMO free, without preservatives, and never heat pasteurized. Back to their roots as a brewpub, Amsterdam Brewery now pours its brews at Amsterdam BrewHouse – where the art of craft is celebrated “where beer meets food.” To learn more about the Amsterdam Brewing Co. visit amsterdambeer.com. To learn more about Amsterdam BrewHouse, visit amsterdambrewhouse.com.

####

For more information, please contact:

Ally Dwyer-Joyce, Marketing Coordinator, ally@amsterdambeer.com

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

whoever gets me a bottle will be rewarded with a great trade in their favour
(I am in Michigan until Tuesday)

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Please stop advertising this so I don't have any competition in line. Pretty please?

distr0

Post by distr0 »

squeaky wrote:Please stop advertising this so I don't have any competition in line. Pretty please?
hahah, agreed

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

squeaky wrote:
Please stop advertising this so I don't have any competition in line. Pretty please?

hahah, agreed
Oops......

http://www.torontobeerblog.com/beer-rev ... rewing-co/

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Hopefully I can land a bottle or two of this. I am looking forward to seeing the reviews start to show up over the weekend from those who went and grabbed bottles. Sadly, it doesn't look like I will be one of them...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Hopefully I can land a bottle or two of this. I am looking forward to seeing the reviews start to show up over the weekend from those who went and grabbed bottles. Sadly, it doesn't look like I will be one of them...
I'm there with you - I'll be spending the day in a course learning how to be a principal... :(

I think to console myself on Saturday, I'll have to open my bottle of GLB/Biergotter Winter is Coming, which seems to have a similar profile...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

squeaky wrote:Please stop advertising this so I don't have any competition in line. Pretty please?
The line is half the fun! I'm just hoping it's an organized line and there aren't any issues with bring the purchased beer into the brewhouse after (was that a thing over the summer? I was somewhere where that was a thing...). I'm honestly a little more excited about the idea of a special release beer-event day than the beer... I've got lots of beer, but a LINE for beer! Come on!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I had to renew my driver's license a couple of weeks ago. I've had my fill of waiting in line to pay 60$.

I haven't had my fill of the double tempest though, which is excellent.

I'm also looking forward to getting a glass of a couple of the other ones I missed. Especially Lady Stav, which I want to taste to know what the bottle in my cellar is like.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

Squeaky, I might be wrong, or thinking of something else, but I'm pretty sure Iain told me this Lady Stavoren is made with different hops (Nelson Sauvin this time, don't know what it was last time). It definitely tasted different to me when I had it at the BrewHouse a few nights ago.

edit: Still tasted awesome, but not exactly as I remembered it.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Hmm, I've missed most of those adventure brews!
Hope they last through the day, as I plan to grab my bottles at the brewery then hit the brewhouse much later today....

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

chris_schryer wrote:Squeaky, I might be wrong, or thinking of something else, but I'm pretty sure Iain told me this Lady Stavoren is made with different hops (Nelson Sauvin this time, don't know what it was last time). It definitely tasted different to me when I had it at the BrewHouse a few nights ago.

edit: Still tasted awesome, but not exactly as I remembered it.
Good to know, thanks. I guess I'll have to drink it only because it's probably delicious then, woe is me. :wink:

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

There's no line and they have 60 cases. I don't think you'll have to rush.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

squeaky wrote:There's no line and they have 60 cases. I don't think you'll have to rush.
Leaside or Queens Quay?

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

FYI. Now limiter to 1 per person at the Brewery. Don't know about the brew pub. Bugger.