Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Tank Ten Untethered - Beard of Zeus Launch

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

midlife crisis wrote:Interesting to me that there is a sticker on this instructing you to cellar the beer until at least December 31, 2014. I think i will do so, but I'm curious as to what it is like now. Did anyone taste it at the launch on Thursday and/or has anyone been bold enough to crack a bottle?
http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9426

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

squeaky wrote:It's still not show stock on the LCBO website, but I decided to pop in to my local (queen and cox well) and check anyway. There were 4 bottles left on the shelves. Emphasis on were.
F balls! Lcbo sucks. I guess I'm going to have to call around asking about this before I drive anywhere.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Some LCBO folks do their jobs, and the others spend 100% complaining about having said job.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

instantkamera wrote:
squeaky wrote:It's still not show stock on the LCBO website, but I decided to pop in to my local (queen and cox well) and check anyway. There were 4 bottles left on the shelves. Emphasis on were.
F balls! Lcbo sucks. I guess I'm going to have to call around asking about this before I drive anywhere.
It's showing stock on drinkvine, though that's still pretty dependent on the LCBO's stock numbers. I have no idea why they only seem to list new beers on the LCBO websites on Mondays mostly when clearly they have information on the stock...

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

^You sure? I can't see it on drinkvine. What am I doing wrong?

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

midlife crisis wrote:^You sure? I can't see it on drinkvine. What am I doing wrong?
I couldn't find it by searching, but it's under the new releases.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

groulxsome wrote:
instantkamera wrote:
It's showing stock on drinkvine, though that's still pretty dependent on the LCBO's stock numbers. I have no idea why they only seem to list new beers on the LCBO websites on Mondays mostly when clearly they have information on the stock...
Only in TO though. Does that mean it has sold out of the other locations? Hopefully it means they haven't delivered outside GTA yet.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Haven't heard anything about QQ yet...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

http://drinkvine.com/drinkdetail.php?ty ... tID=374363

The search is mostly dependent on the LCBO's backend, but if you have the product number or one of the link pages has it (see Beard of Zeus) you can see stock. A long way we've come from 4054 bottles and Summerhill just over a month ago (December 9th).

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

groulxsome wrote:http://drinkvine.com/drinkdetail.php?ty ... tID=374363

The search is mostly dependent on the LCBO's backend, but if you have the product number or one of the link pages has it (see Beard of Zeus) you can see stock. A long way we've come from 4054 bottles and Summerhill just over a month ago (December 9th).
Great, thanks for the clarification. Drinkvine is a great resource.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Disregard.

Though if you want it in Ottawa, the Glebe sounds like your best option.