Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Zwanze Day 2014

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Vancouver location is Biercraft:

BierCraft is proud and honoured to have been chosen as the location for this years Zwanze Day tapping and celebration. We will be celebrating this year with a beer pairing dinner. Join us for tapping and tasting of this years Zwanze beer at 6pm followed by a 5 course beer pairing dinner featuring 2 more Cantillon beers on tap, along with beers from Brasserie de la Senne, Dageraad Brewing and finishing with "best beer in the world" Westvleteren 12. This dinner will be expertly paired by our executive Chef, Stephen Chadband and our Certified Cicerone, Don Farion. Adam Henderson, also a Certified Cicerone and owner of Copper & Theory, will be on hand to talk about the beers and answer any questions you may have.

Don't miss this once in a lifetime dinner; you will drink from one of only 3 kegs in Canada, and try one of the rarest beers in the world, Westvleteren 12. all in one seating.

Only $125 per person, very limited seating, do not wait.

Call 604-874-6900 to make your reservations

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

$125 is pretty steep, no? I can talk to a head of state at such a price(and have).

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Sounds like a nice (but pricey) beer dinner.
What I get form that "very limited seating" is that the Zwanze shouldn't sell out from just the dinner folks....so show up later and get the Zwanze on its own.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

napoleon wrote:They're sure taking their time to post a link to the event. It's almost the end of the day Friday, and there's nothing up.

I had a great time last time, although for me the actual Zwanze beer was one of my least favorites. For once, the prices of some of the other pours were "reasonable". I hope someone posts the link to the event website here if it is going on sale Monday.
Hopfenstark Epilogue was the highlight of the event for me last year. Im betting a blend of iris and kriek will be a bit more than remarkable this year, though. At least i hope it will be.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

ChrisK wrote:
Hopfenstark Epilogue was the highlight of the event for me last year. Im betting a blend of iris and kriek will be a bit more than remarkable this year, though. At least i hope it will be.
That was the beer that turned my wife onto sours. It turned out she really did like sours, they just weren't sour ENOUGH and she likes pure lactic sourness un-mixed with Brett. She's spent a year trying to find Berliners she's liked as much, without success.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Anyone have any updates? I can't imagine they're going on sale tomorrow at noon with no updates at all on Sunday evening.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

napoleon wrote:Anyone have any updates? I can't imagine they're going on sale tomorrow at noon with no updates at all on Sunday evening.
What kind of update are you expecting?

They already told us the date and when tickets will be on sale? This is about the same amount of info they gave for cask days before tickets went on sale.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Quite a bit of info here:

https://guestlistapp.com/events/284754

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

squeaky wrote:Quite a bit of info here:

https://guestlistapp.com/events/284754
I don't know where you found that, but you're a genius Squeaky!
Just was odd that Bar Volo had posted nothing at all on their website or facebook page. I wonder if tickets are still going on sale at noon today?

nickw

Post by nickw »

They are, according to their twitter.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Well that sold out quickly.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Got mine, but wow sold out in under 2 minutes.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I was literally sitting there clicking register over and over again and I never got a chance. I had my wife and a friend do the same, with the same result.

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

Wow, 2 mins? Do tickets commonly sell out that fast for Zwanze?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Got mine. See you guys there.