Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Zwanze Day 2014

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

ISO one ticket if anyone has an extra.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

ISO 1 or 2 tickets if anyone finds themselves needing to unload them
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

DarcyK wrote:
liamt07 wrote: Unreal. I'm frustrated Volo promoted the hell out of this event. When tickets are very limited and highly sought after, advertising is pointless, and you just attract more bottom feeders.

I won't be surprised to see Zwanze Day tickets up on StubHub or similar.
There was very little information out there. Some 3rd hand twitter posts and then their post/tweet at 11 AM. If you look earlier in this thread, as of a bit before 11 AM, I was still trying to figure out how to buy tickets.

I don't think you're going to find people reselling these tickets. I think there are 140 beer geeks plus significant others. My group of close beer friends has 8 of these tickets. I met people at the event last year that had driven a couple hours to get there even. So, I really think that these purchasers intend to attend the event themselves.

If for some reason one of our group drops out, I'll be sure to post here offering the extra ticket for cost.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Cass wrote:
groulxsome wrote:I like the idea of identification!
I'll do a bunch of buttons and have them for the first TBW events. I'll be wearing my new "Cass" TBW shirt so please find me and I'll give ya one!
Will you be at the homebrew takeover? I'll find you there for a button.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

ercousin wrote:
Cass wrote:
groulxsome wrote:I like the idea of identification!
I'll do a bunch of buttons and have them for the first TBW events. I'll be wearing my new "Cass" TBW shirt so please find me and I'll give ya one!
Will you be at the homebrew takeover? I'll find you there for a button.
Yep, I'll swing by for sure. Indie's barrel room is only 2 clicks from my house so how can I not go to the events there!

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Looking for a single ticket to this as well….will pay and/or trade beer. PM me if you have an extra!

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

I felt lucky enough when I got tickets today because of the short time it took last year, but after Volo tweeted it only took 20 seconds, I REALLY had to count my lucky stars.

I'm especially curious to see what Muskoka is bringing. One of their brewers was on the OCB podcast a few months ago and said the only sour they'd ever made was the Zao at Cask Days 2012, but that they also threw a few bugs into a batch of their Summer Weiss to try a sour version of that.....

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Anyone in Ottawa planning on going to DDC for Zwanze? If so, PM me.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Totally forgot about tickets for this today, but turns out I'll be out of town anyway. Hope it's a great day/night of sours!

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Feel blessed and honored to be one of the chosen F5 stampers to get through on this lol.

I had a friend from Detroit spamming F5 from 11:58 on and he didn't even get through. What a stir a $20.00 5oz pour of beer causes these days!
@Wongafootball

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Seems odd that this event sold out in seconds, while the Indie/Bartowel collab Sacred Oak hasn't yet. If I wasn't out of town that day I know I'd be scooping those tickets too
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i got 2 tickets.
will trade them for any of Muskoka's reserved series - Winter Beard (has to really taste like frozen peas) or Spring Oddity.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I'm otherwise engaged so I didn't even try. Crazyness! I'm not shocked, Toronto demand alone is high, and I am sure there are people coming from within a fair driving distance since there aren't a ton of places in Canada that are offering it.

I'm actually more excited to try the local sour offerings than the Zwanze to be honest. Hopefully they will last the night/into the next day if I am lucky.

Cass, I'll take a button at one of the the Indie TBW events if you have some :)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

icemachine wrote:Seems odd that this event sold out in seconds, while the Indie/Bartowel collab Sacred Oak hasn't yet. If I wasn't out of town that day I know I'd be scooping those tickets too
First time event, not surprising maybe there's some hesitancy to commit. But when the beer list is released I think we'll have some happy folks :)

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

atomeyes wrote:i got 2 tickets.
will trade them for any of Muskoka's reserved series - Winter Beard (has to really taste like frozen peas) or Spring Oddity.
I've got some Barley Days loose bottles that have been exquisitely aged in the trunk of my buddy's car for the duration of the summer. Multiples if you want.