Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days - Oct 24-26, 2014

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

For anyone looking, I have an early access ticket for session 1 on friday to get rid of. Send me a pm if you're interested. Selling at cost.

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

I've got a pair of early access to session 1. PM if interested.

bestbitterman

Post by bestbitterman »

PM me if you are interested in buying a ticket at cost for Saturday's sessions 12-6pm.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Wow they are indeed stepping up the glass rinsing game!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

So you Friday early session people, how many people were in that?
lister

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Hey everyone,

I'm volunteering at Session 2 and going to session 3 if anyone wants to say "Hi".
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

nudniq

Post by nudniq »

If anyone is looking for a ticket for Session 2 1pm-6pm, I have one available. We have a large group going but one person can't make it. I know this very late. PM me.

Cheers

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

JeffPorter wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm volunteering at Session 2 and going to session 3 if anyone wants to say "Hi".
How should we identify you. Would love to say hi, but only have interacted with you on BT.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

ercousin wrote:

How should we identify you. Would love to say hi, but only have interacted with you on BT.
I'll be at Session 3 as well. Umm...I'm tall and brown...In the past that would have been enough, not so sure now.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

If it's a nice morning tomorrow, and I'm feeling energetic, I'm considering walking from Castle Frank Station to the Brickworks.

Has anyone here done this walk before? Is it best to walk along Bayview, or is there a more picturesque trail that is accessible at both ends?

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Kish84 wrote:
ercousin wrote:

I'll be at Session 3 as well. Umm...I'm tall and brown...In the past that would have been enough, not so sure now.
I'll be the short red haired white guy wearing a grey GTA Brews shirt with an Erlenmeyer yeast starter. Say " Hi Eric" if you see me would love to chat with anyone.

nickw

Post by nickw »

GregClow wrote:If it's a nice morning tomorrow, and I'm feeling energetic, I'm considering walking from Castle Frank Station to the Brickworks.

Has anyone here done this walk before? Is it best to walk along Bayview, or is there a more picturesque trail that is accessible at both ends?
Greg, walking on foot through Rosedale and down Milkman's Run is a pretty great walk: http://www.evergreen.ca/get-involved/ev ... itor-info/

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

nickw wrote:Greg, walking on foot through Rosedale and down Milkman's Run is a pretty great walk: http://www.evergreen.ca/get-involved/ev ... itor-info/
Thanks, looks like a good route indeed.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

ercousin wrote:
Kish84 wrote:
ercousin wrote: How should we identify you. Would love to say hi, but only have interacted with you on BT.
I'll be the short red haired white guy wearing a grey GTA Brews shirt with an Erlenmeyer yeast starter. Say " Hi Eric" if you see me would love to chat with anyone.
Ha! Yeah, I guess we'll do our best to spot each other - still think we need those BTer buttons or hats or something.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

GregClow wrote:
nickw wrote:Greg, walking on foot through Rosedale and down Milkman's Run is a pretty great walk: http://www.evergreen.ca/get-involved/ev ... itor-info/
Thanks, looks like a good route indeed.
yeah, there are some very underrated toronto trails. this is one of them. only negative is the car noise from Bayview and the DVP, but hey, this is toronto.