Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days - Oct 24-26, 2014

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Cask Days - Oct 24-26, 2014

Post by Craig »

Tickets go on sale on Monday at 12. That's also when we find out the details about the festival, including who the international feature is this year.

Minor quibble, but I wish they'd give us a little more info up front. Like session times and such.

Morrish

Post by Morrish »

Thanks for the heads up. Website doesn't appear to have any ticket details. Is that were they are usually available or should I be looking somewhere else?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Yeah, It's a little confusing this year. From what I understand tickets are only on sale on the website and they will go on sale on Monday at noon, which is also when all the festival info will be released.

At the moment I don't even know how many sessions there are. They used to do three iirc, two on Saturday and one on Sunday, but this year it's a Friday-Sunday fest, so I don't know how that's going to play out exactly. I'm sure if you reached out to them on Twitter or through their website you'd get better info.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I generally like details before the event posting so plans can be made ahead of time for when tickets go on sale. Especially for an event like this where tickets go fast.

I do hope there's some additional oomph (technical term) behind the websites for Monday at noon so it's an easy buy.
lister

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

So myself and Kish84 were in London at Milos' last weekend. We were discussing cask days and wondering what the feature would be this year. The girl behind the bar overheard us and said it is going to be California breweries. Probably best to take that with a grain of salt, but that would be pretty awesome if true.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

J343MY wrote:So myself and Kish84 were in London at Milos' last weekend. We were discussing cask days and wondering what the feature would be this year. The girl behind the bar overheard us and said it is going to be California breweries. Probably best to take that with a grain of salt, but that would be pretty awesome if true.
Damn, that would be sweet. Probably going for Friday night at this point as Saturday is out for me
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

California confirmed

http://2014.caskdays.com/

Session Details & Tickets

http://2014.caskdays.com/tickets

mds

Post by mds »

Got mine for session 2!

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

mds wrote:Got mine for session 2!
How? Can only see an option for session 1 after hitting the buy button...

Never mind....was on page too early...
Last edited by skaghevn on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Got the Friday night early admission, will hopefully go on Sunday to the finish the casks

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

skaghevn wrote:
I see all sessions listed no matter which "buy tickets" link I click

mds

Post by mds »

skaghevn wrote:

Never mind....was on page too early...
When I click buy the following pops up:

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

I'm in for Session Two, since I love afternoon drinking and I don't love cold October nights or midnight shuttle busses out of Brickworks... though I'm still considering getting Friday too... :P

I really like the "last call" Sunday idea for $5 with your glass. I'm sure there will still be some nice stuff to drink, so I'm totally heading to that.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Early Saturday afternoon session! 8)

May do the last call session too.
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Cask Ale LA ‏@CaskAleLA 11m
We'll be bringing over 30 casks from breweries all over the state, both big and small.