Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Redline Brewhouse - Barrie, ON

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
lister wrote:The nearly 1L growler cans are an interesting idea.
?? What are these?

On their website, it appears they sell standard 473 ml cans.
Crowlers - a can growler.

Their core brands are in 473 cans and you can get a crowler fill of a seasonal (right now just the Boosted IPA).

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

when are they open over the summer
Reliable Beer Critic

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

northyorksammy wrote:when are they open over the summer
Check their website.
lister

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Noticed some Redline beers showing up at BarHop.

Leather Interior (brown ale conditioned on vanilla and almonds) is really quite nice - I'd recommend giving it a try if you get the chance.

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

I second this sentiment. I thought it was delicious when I had it at Bar Hop 2.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I third that. It's available in cans too at the brewpub.
lister

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Clutch (APA - a very solid one in my opinion) will be coming to the LCBO. Sounds like they are still early in the process so not sure when it will be listed. Also - they will be releasing a Biere de Garde (brown) in January - I know Sawdust brewed one last year (I think), otherwise can't think of too many that have been brewed in Ontario (I'm sure people here can list off more).

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Dennis wrote:Clutch (APA - a very solid one in my opinion) will be coming to the LCBO. Sounds like they are still early in the process so not sure when it will be listed. Also - they will be releasing a Biere de Garde (brown) in January - I know Sawdust brewed one last year (I think), otherwise can't think of too many that have been brewed in Ontario (I'm sure people here can list off more).
Oast House has as well, but yes it is an underrepresented style.

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

Stack Brewery out of Sudbury also makes a good Biere de Garde.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Redline is hosting a 'Dark Beer' event on April 23rd. There will be beers from Sawdust City, Flying Monkeys, Indie Alehouse, Beer Lab London, Brimstone, and Redline. All the brewers will be hanging out (maybe except for 1) and chatting about the beer they brought.

Information about each beer will be coming in the next few weeks.

Just a heads up - I now work at Redline (just started a few weeks ago). I hope it's cool that I posted this here.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I don't think anyone will ever complain about brewery employees posting in their threads. Quite the opposite, I encourage it.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Dennis wrote:Redline is hosting a 'Dark Beer' event on April 23rd. There will be beers from Sawdust City, Flying Monkeys, Indie Alehouse, Beer Lab London, Brimstone, and Redline. All the brewers will be hanging out (maybe except for 1) and chatting about the beer they brought.

Just a heads up - I now work at Redline (just started a few weeks ago). I hope it's cool that I posted this here.
I frequently am up in Barrie due to family there and have been pretty happy with what Redline has been putting out. Leather Interior has been my standout favourite so far but everything else has been tasty. I try to make a visit to the brewpub as often as I can when I'm up there.

I'm being yanked up there soon and now may make it the 23rd. Will it be a ticketed event or just show up? Will the beers be one-offs or not each brewery's usual suspects?

As for the working at a brewery and posting here, I think that's great. I think though a tagline disclaimer about that would be best.
lister

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

lister wrote:
Dennis wrote:Redline is hosting a 'Dark Beer' event on April 23rd. There will be beers from Sawdust City, Flying Monkeys, Indie Alehouse, Beer Lab London, Brimstone, and Redline. All the brewers will be hanging out (maybe except for 1) and chatting about the beer they brought.

I frequently am up in Barrie due to family there and have been pretty happy with what Redline has been putting out. Leather Interior has been my standout favourite so far but everything else has been tasty. I try to make a visit to the brewpub as often as I can when I'm up there.

I'm being yanked up there soon and now may make it the 23rd. Will it be a ticketed event or just show up? Will the beers be one-offs or not each brewery's usual suspects?

As for the working at a brewery and posting here, I think that's great. I think though a tagline disclaimer about that would be best.
No tickets - you can just show up. The tap list so far is a mix of regular/seasonal/one-off (the list will be released before the date). Hopefully you can drop by - make sure to say hi if you see me.

Tagline disclaimer makes sense.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Redline is hosting 'A Day With The Dark Side' event today - the event is free and starts at 4pm.

Here's the tap list:

1) Redline Brewhosue: Dark Vader: Barrel Aged Blend – 7.2% · Sweet, wine like nose, with dark fruit, chocolate, and coffee in the background. Flavour follows suit with a dry, warming alcohol finish.

2) Flying Monkeys: Bourbon Barrel Chocolate Manifesto – 10% · Big notes of bourbon, sweet chocolate milk and light roast.

3) Indie Alehouse: Bourbon Barrel Aged Zombie Apocalypse with Cocoa nibs and Coconut: - 10% · Big stout with luscious notes of coconut, chocolate and bourbon

4) Brimstone Brewing: Seasonal Excuse Breakfast Stout – 8.2% · A rich breakfast stout brewed with cocoa powder and coffee.

5) Sawdust City Brewing: 1606 Sour Stout with Raspberries – 5.5% - Sour and fruity raspberry with a nice roast in the background.

6) Beer Lab: Dark Sour Ale – 6.9% · Fermented with a mix of Lactobacilii and Brett strains. Funky aroma with notes of fig, pit fruit, and balsamic.

Most of the breweries have someone at the event.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Hey Everyone,

On August 4th starting at 5pm, Redline will be doing an 8 tap feature at Bar Hop (King Street) to celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

Clutch will be the only core beer on tap - the other 7 taps will be seasonals/one-offs/new releases. I'll post the tap list here when it's finalized.

Hopefully some of you can make it out.

Cheers,
-dennis