Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

BakaGaijin wrote:
Belgian wrote:
jeremyg wrote:good heavens
I would assume not 91 pints, as flight pours that's not terribly unrealistic over ten days.

Now I'm thinking it's time for a trip to Montreal! :D (And speak of that, this is digressing into a Beer Travel discussion.)
Majority were full pours/bottles (and some I had multiples of). The 10 barrel, HotD, and Cascades were all flight pours with the exception of Apricot Ale. Some sours I had at Belmont Station Puckerfest were also flight pours.

It was pretty much Noon to 11pm everyday. It wasn't always pretty. Just ask the sidewalk outside of The Commons.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

BakaGaijin wrote:
Belgian wrote:
jeremyg wrote:good heavens
I would assume not 91 pints, as flight pours that's not terribly unrealistic over ten days.
Majority were full pours/bottles (and some I had multiples of). The 10 barrel, HotD, and Cascades were all flight pours with the exception of Apricot Ale. Some sours I had at Belmont Station Puckerfest were also flight pours.

It was pretty much Noon to 11pm everyday.
Oh, well that's completely reasonable if you put it that way. I was worried you were drinking a fair bit.
In Beerum Veritas

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Thank you for the concern.

It is difficult to restrain oneself in the presence of so many amazing beer offerings. It's completely bonkers out there.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Had a Goose Island Sofie.....from 2013 tonight....very good stuff.
Sister came back from Italy with some Baladin Xyauyù (regular gold label) for me too....anyone tried it? I'll probably save it for a bit....

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

El Pinguino wrote:anyone tried it? I'll probably save it for a bit....
I had the Xyauyù Barrel version on tap in Rome and I thought it was fantastic. Sticky, fruity, sweet and complex. i'd save for a chilly night.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Yesterday at Indie Ale House:

Furlong Saison (passable)
Shapeshifter (the barrel works well here. Very enjoyable. Looking forward to tasting the bottles I bought up at Amsterdam)
Breakfast Porter
Shotgun Wedding (Sour barrel aged Cantaloupe blonde ale) I don't much like cantaloupe to begin with and felt this was a little too tart and rather syrupy)
Creamsicle (Cask). This was great. Nailed the creamsicle flavour. Had several.

jburley2

Post by jburley2 »

Modern Times Oneida
Modern Times Black House
Modern Times Fortunate Island
Modern Times Universal Friend
Odd Side Ales Citra Pale Ale
Odd Side Ales El Dankerino

Black house was my favourite. Can't get enough of those coffee stouts.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Had a 2013 Sofie the other night too. Really good. I went and bought a few more 2015's last night to cellar.

El Pinguino wrote:Had a Goose Island Sofie.....from 2013 tonight....very good stuff.
Sister came back from Italy with some Baladin Xyauyù (regular gold label) for me too....anyone tried it? I'll probably save it for a bit....

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:Had a 2013 Sofie the other night too. Really good. I went and bought a few more 2015's last night to cellar.
Word. You know, we beer guys get away relatively cheap, when wine people often pay many more times cost for really prime product. Cellaring is a ridiculously good idea sometimes.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Sofie is one of the lcbo regular listings that I've been taking for granted. I plan on making up for that.
Belgian wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Had a 2013 Sofie the other night too. Really good. I went and bought a few more 2015's last night to cellar.
Word. You know, we beer guys get away relatively cheap, when wine people often pay many more times cost for really prime product. Cellaring is a ridiculously good idea sometimes.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Nice to see some Sofie love. I maintain it's one of the top 5 semi-regular listings at the lcbo. it's delightful fresh, but you age that bad boy a couple years...

CA_in_VA

Post by CA_in_VA »

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis
Ommegang Three Philosophers

I'm in Rochester, NY, at the moment, and there's a bar that has pints of Three Philosophers for $5 USD (3.25 for a half pint). I have found heaven, and her name is Half-Pint. Sure, you get it in a normal pint glass rather than a fancy goblet/tulip/challis, but it is fantastic on tap.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^^i just had a friend bring me back a couple bottles of three philosophers. Really looking forward tomit

gordonpeterwiebe

Post by gordonpeterwiebe »

just had a block 3 saison from the LCBO... fine/average/not bad (which is, unfortunately, an accomplishment considering the LCBO choices), but I wouldn't buy it again.
where's the saison du tracteur this year?!

Also, having a headstock (which I'll disclose as my, hands down, favourite IPA). There's been a bit of inconsistency lately (changeover to the newer, bigger, digs I assume)... but, this one has been pretty good though not their best.
Last edited by gordonpeterwiebe on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Solstice d'ete '14 and '15. This beer is much better fresh. Will never age this again.