Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Drinkvine

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Drinkvine

Post by Masterplan »

Is the drinkvine.com site down?

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Masterplan wrote:Is the drinkvine.com site down?
Not working for me either at the moment.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

seems so.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Seems to be back up and running today.

skootles

Post by skootles »

I always use http://isup.me/ to check if a site is down or if it's just me.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone else having trouble with drinkvine? Seems like it hasn't updated in a few days..

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

spinrsx wrote:anyone else having trouble with drinkvine? Seems like it hasn't updated in a few days..
From Twitter: "It looks like @LCBO has blocked LCBO API from crawling, which means no data updates. I’ll update here as I uncover more information".

The LCBO responded that they are working on resolving this after a small outcry about access to open data.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Evidently, the issue has still has not been addressed. I realize now how utterly dependant I have become on drinkvine to plan my LCBO trips. Maybe I should try going old school and just perusing the aisles at a couple of bear by locations to see what's new...

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I actually use Drinkvine for my job so this "issue" (looking at you, again, LCBO) is really putting a kink in my workday.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:I actually use Drinkvine for my job so this "issue" (looking at you, again, LCBO) is really putting a kink in my workday.
I messaged Ralph the other day, I'm not sure he was aware of the service disruption. Other third-party sites like the app Elsie is up and running.