Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stone cans Arrogant Bastard

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Stone cans Arrogant Bastard

Post by spinrsx »

Stone will be canning for the first time..
http://tenemu.com/news/stone-canning-ar ... rd/11/2015

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

The smartest thing any brewery can (sorry) do is move to canning. It's better for the beer, transport costs, recycling (if your consumers aren't idiots) and great for expanding your brand. The transportability alone, for instance, can increase sales to buyers looking for lightweight (car free shoppers, campers) and especially out of region business. The ability to bring back beer (with dubious legality) in my checked luggage has allowed me to enjoy and share beers not available in Ontario.

Bottles will likely live on for limited editions, but it would be nice if that changed to. The only losers will be those who like collecting labels. Perhaps paper labels on cans?

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of corks v.s. screw tops...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.