Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Untappd

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Tried to find this on my Blackberry and it appears that it isn't available on Blackberries???
If you've got the new BB there's an app. I use untappd on my ipod touch but at one point I was using my blackberrys browser to checkin.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Tried to find this on my Blackberry and it appears that it isn't available on Blackberries???
If you've got the new BB there's an app. I use untappd on my ipod touch but at one point I was using my blackberrys browser to checkin.
Thanks. I actually just switched over to an iPhone (my work finally got with the times) and I dowloaded Untappd a week or so ago. Pretty decent app. The best use of it from my point of view is the ability to keep track of what you are drinkin, especially on a night out when it is easy to lose track.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
Thanks. I actually just switched over to an iPhone (my work finally got with the times) and I dowloaded Untappd a week or so ago. Pretty decent app. The best use of it from my point of view is the ability to keep track of what you are drinkin, especially on a night out when it is easy to lose track.
Exactly - I used to just track on my notes app. This is much easier and the social aspect of the app is great. I take it your TheSevenDuffs on there? I'll try to find you tonight.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Added a bunch of the folks from here.

https://untappd.com/user/instantkamera

Eli

Post by Eli »

I signed up a while ago but have only been keeping track for the last couple of months:

https://untappd.com/user/elgrotto

I will be adding folk that have linked to their profile here in the next few days :)

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

I'm on there as matt7215

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Was just on the Untappd website....not the app...and saw that Indie Alehouse has posted their Beer Menu on Untappd.
it has their bottles with prices, and it has their tap list as well.

Link: https://untappd.com/venue/422655/beers?view=menu

This is pretty cool....Indie's website sucks and it's too infrequently that they send out updates on social media, although they've gotten better.

Of course I have no idea if the list on Untappd is actually up to date but it is promising. Will be nice to see more venues add this feature. I don't know if this information is in the app, as I haven't updated to the latest version yet.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I know it costs breweries $800/year to register themselves. I thought that was pretty pricey for a small outlet, especially considering they could sign-in with a personal account and monitor stuff that way. But it sounds like there's some really useful features. I use Untappd all the time and would love to see brewers make use of them.

Curious to see what gets added/improved now that they've 'gone full time' and partnered with investors.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

kafercrazy wrote:I'll bite.

https://untappd.com/user/kafercrazy
I knew I recognized that name. I'm also a DGO member.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

biegaman wrote:I know it costs breweries $800/year to register themselves. I thought that was pretty pricey for a small outlet, especially considering they could sign-in with a personal account and monitor stuff that way. But it sounds like there's some really useful features. I use Untappd all the time and would love to see brewers make use of them.

Curious to see what gets added/improved now that they've 'gone full time' and partnered with investors.
Seems a bit pricey for small breweries. You'd think they'd tier the pricing somehow but I guess that wouldn't be very easy to monitor. Or maybe offer breweries a few months free to test it out and see if they feel it is worth the price.

skootles

Post by skootles »

Oh that's awesome. I wonder if that $800 is USD (probably), and if they have a smaller tier for bars which want to list their tap lists as well. I can't see many bars shelling out that much just to do their tap lists (especially ones that already don't post it online).

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

El Pinguino wrote:
biegaman wrote:I know it costs breweries $800/year to register themselves. I thought that was pretty pricey for a small outlet, especially considering they could sign-in with a personal account and monitor stuff that way. But it sounds like there's some really useful features. I use Untappd all the time and would love to see brewers make use of them.

Seems a bit pricey for small breweries. You'd think they'd tier the pricing somehow but I guess that wouldn't be very easy to monitor. Or maybe offer breweries a few months free to test it out and see if they feel it is worth the price.
The $800 is just for the bar/taplist thing as far as I can tell. Brewery accounts (manage beers, toast folks) are still free. Or at least, I've got functionality without paying anything. Tap list is on our webpage... don't see what $800 is getting me right now aside from posting them on the venue page of untappd.