Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Your best brews of 2014?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

midlife crisis wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:Not just you, I found myself feeling the same way. I have no problem with the topic, it's just not so relevant to me. I, too, am much more interested in a similar Ontario listing.

There are many beers on the two lists above that I did not have, but l will add votes for Old Tomorrow and Innocente Conscience.

Additions from me are Nickel Brook Immodest, and Malevolent. I'm not sure if 2014 was when they were first made, but it was my first tasting of them.
If Immodest and/or Malevolent were first released in 2014, they would absolutely both be in my Top Ten. I assumed they had not been, but I do not know for sure. Immodest in particular would be my #2 overall, after only Block 3 1-Up (I urge all hopheads to try that, if you get a chance. I realize it is a bit obscure if you're not in K/W or visiting occasionally like me).
I'm positive they weren't released for the first time in 2014. Previous year(s?) they were in 750ml bottles, this year in cans.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Bar Volo and LTTD anniversary beer and other Le Trou De Diable at the Only Cafe event.

Bellwood's Grandma's boy and Skeleton key.

West Avenue cider – Gold Dust – Spy.

Hitachino nest espresso stout.
In Beerum Veritas