Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stone beers in Ontario

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Stone beers in Ontario

Post by spinrsx »

"in addition to the IPA and Arrogant Bastard, Stone’s Cali Belgique, an IPA brewed with a Belgian yeast strain, will be available at the LCBO around May. Expect all three beers in 650mL bottles, likely for a price around $7 or $8 '

yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://bensbeerblog.com/2015/01/20/ston ... o-ontario/

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

That's great news! hopefully by the end of 2015, we'll see some additional styles available both on draft and at the retail level.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

Really great news. I hope that Ruination and Sublimely Self-Righteous are not far behind. If they start squeezing in the RIS and Enjoy By I will be extremely happy, but I'm very happy to settle for this as a start!
Ren

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

hate to say it, but having stone/sierranevada at the lcbo will have an impact on the amount of local beers I buy

assuming they arrive somewhat fresh of course

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

jrenihan wrote:Really great news. I hope that Ruination and Sublimely Self-Righteous are not far behind. If they start squeezing in the RIS and Enjoy By I will be extremely happy, but I'm very happy to settle for this as a start!
Ren
The idea of Enjoy By at the LCBO is downright comical to me. I hope they try it.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I don't know what I would do if Ruination made it into the LCBO.

The thought just makes me giddy with joy.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ruination is a great brew...haven't had that one in far too long. I've always really liked the Bastard beers - double, lukcy, etc. Those brews I'd get really excited about...but definitely welcome any new additions as I've enjoyed pretty much all Stone beers I've had.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Enjoy By at the LCBO? Lol...am I new here?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

jrenihan wrote:Really great news. I hope that Ruination and Sublimely Self-Righteous are not far behind. If they start squeezing in the RIS and Enjoy By I will be extremely happy, but I'm very happy to settle for this as a start!
Ren
Apparently they are discontinuing Sublimely Self-Righteous

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

J343MY wrote:
Ren
Black IPA is going out as fast as it came in

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Gimme RIS and Old Guardian. GIVE IT TO ME LICKABOW!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

sad, I love the self righteous

http://beeralien.com/stone-dropping-sub ... evitation/
J343MY wrote:
Ren

Charchuk

Post by Charchuk »

We'll be getting Stone in at the Brux House in the near future. All I know is that an order's been placed.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

When I'm stateside I often have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap, but I don't think I've ever actually bought it here (it has been in BC for a bit). I have drank a fair bit of Torpedo though... it's right up there with Fat Tug, and it's more consistent. Their rep from Seattle was in town last year. He tried to bring a bunch of specialty kegs in, but was turned back at the boarder.

BC got Stone a few months ago, but unfortunately we haven't seen the RIS (or Old Guardian). They make solid brews, but there's a lot of local competition here on the West Coast.

They updated Ruination a year or so ago... so it's boozier now, with a bit more hopping, but I don't like it nearly as much as the original. The original was a great brew, though it really didn't live up to its name in today's market.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Stone in Ontario. Such a long time coming. Love it.

For the brief time it'll be here it'll be the only thing I buy.