Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

US Beer Releases (premier, consumer, vbm)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Perennial Sump now available at premier ( and selling fast). Hopslam is down to a couple single bottles. Nugget Nectar cans are gone but still some 6 packs of bottles left.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

I believe I might've grabbed the last sump around 5 today. They still had anchorage a deal with the devil, but I'm not sure it lasted much longer.

On a less rare beer note, they had cases of jacks abbey framing hammer in.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

In case anyone's thinking of making a run this weekend for BA Bigfoot, Premier has a lot of it. It was on the shelf with the rest of the sierra nevada with no limit (18.99), so i'm assuming they have cases.

Lot of beer geek brunch weasel too.

I was really surprised too that they still had AB Noir, but one bottle limit probably slowed it down. i saw three more bottles move while I was browsing other stuff though.

biggest surprise was that they still had a deal with the devil although I don't know if that was the last bottle on the counter or if they had more. probably that 33.99 price tag is slowing it down in WNY.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

ckoop wrote: biggest surprise was that they still had a deal with the devil although I don't know if that was the last bottle on the counter or if they had more. probably that 33.99 price tag is slowing it down in WNY.
I'd guess that it is entirely due to the price tag, which is close to $50 a bottle for us Canadians after the F/X.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Founders KBS to be released at Premier on April Fools Day, as per their Facebook. 1 4 pack per person.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

sprague11 wrote:Founders KBS to be released at Premier on April Fools Day, as per their Facebook. 1 4 pack per person.
yeah. that April Fools thing is something totally uncool if i'd be driving all the way to buffalo

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:
sprague11 wrote:Founders KBS to be released at Premier on April Fools Day, as per their Facebook. 1 4 pack per person.
yeah. that April Fools thing is something totally uncool if i'd be driving all the way to buffalo
My thoughts X-Acto, Founders is very good but are they saying I should plan my work week around acquiring one shitey four pack of it - kind of pathetic, I feel. OK see ya all there at 7:30 AM wednesday, bioches! 8)
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
My thoughts X-Acto, Founders is very good but are they saying I should plan my work week around acquiring one shitey four pack of it - kind of pathetic, I feel. OK see ya all there at 7:30 AM wednesday, bioches! 8)
i've confirmed that it is indeed coming in (which is strange since i last bought it in Grand Rapids in June. so not sure why it's coming now).
it won't be there for noon. so it makes planning a trip really, really iffy. i mean, you can just go to Blue Monk or Coles for lunch, follow twitter and see when it's released...

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Just came back from Premier Gourmet today. Lots of cool stuff I haven't tried:

Maine Lil One
Prairie Murika
Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter and Beer Camp Hoppy Lager
Hofbrau Maibock
Great Lakes Blackout
Professor Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse
Professor Fritz Briem Grodziskie (Gratzer)
Evil Twin Molotov Lite
Hanssens Oudbeitje (Strawberry Lambic)
Anchorage (w Jolly Pumpkin) Calabaza Boreal

A few favourites I've had before:

Firestone Pivo Pils, DBA, Wookey Jack
Jacks Abby Farminghammer and Hoponius Union
Victory Hop Ranch
Bells Expedition Stout
Oscar Blues Pinner
21A Watermelon Wheat

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

How much was the Oudbeitje?

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

BakaGaijin wrote:How much was the Oudbeitje?
$12.99 USD

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

ercousin wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:How much was the Oudbeitje?
$12.99 USD
Thanks!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Firestone Proprietors Opal, 3 Grimm beers and a pair of Smuttlabs is not on the shelves as well.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

KBS release tomorrow at 3 pm.
it may be nuts.
i have the day off and am visiting West Ave Cider at noon, so hey, why not go across the border, have dinner at Blue Monk (Maine Brewing's "Lunch" was tapped tonight) and see if i can score a case

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

atomeyes wrote:KBS release tomorrow at 3 pm.
it may be nuts.
i have the day off and am visiting West Ave Cider at noon, so hey, why not go across the border, have dinner at Blue Monk (Maine Brewing's "Lunch" was tapped tonight) and see if i can score a case
Is Consumers getting any? You might have better luck there than Premier...