Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Forum Upgrade Time!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Cass wrote:However, the pros far outweigh the cons, as a upgrade will mean that everyone who is awaiting for account activation (sorry!) can just register on their own. And some of the features that this old board couldn't handle well (such as searching) should be good to go.
Did this change? Registering still asks to e-mail you.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

ercousin wrote:Are we no longer allowed to edit our profiles? I wanted to add a signature, but I just get a white splash screen when I click Profile.
Bump, Cass any insight on this?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

"Your Inbox is 101% full"

#mindblown...

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Sorry guys, I've decided to so some site-wide upgrades to fix everything (blue is going, etc.)

Everything will (hopefully) be completed soon!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

iguenard wrote:"Your Inbox is 101% full"

#mindblown...
Just doubled the size of everyone's inbox!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Wait...no more blue!!??
I do appreciate the bigger inbox though.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The blue is being eliminated in the main page design as that's getting a full overhaul. I'm excited about that and the upgrade to the board software. The testing version exists now, so upgrade reality isn't far away!! :)

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I feel like we all need to hold a night vigil and drink a pint together or something for when the current version of BT goes to bed for good...it's been such a big part of my beer life!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

El Pinguino wrote:I feel like we all need to hold a night vigil and drink a pint together or something for when the current version of BT goes to bed for good...it's been such a big part of my beer life!
And it will continue to be! I have a feeling there will be some fondness for the retro blue even though I've taken years of grief for it. The new main website will look substantially different, but the new forum is still white-on-dark so it's not too stark of a shift.

Hopefully it will be done by the end of the weekend. We'll probably have some significant downtime on Sat night/Sunday as things get converted. Thanks in advance for everyone's patience, when we're through this we'll have open registration again, profile updates, all the bells and whistles!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The upgrade of the main site has begun, so anyone looking at that it might look a little strange for a day or so.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Looks good so far, appreciate everything you guys do Cass.

BT has always been great for feeding my information addiction these past 10.8 years. It helps make any city I go to interesting, and keeps Toronto fun. I'm sure sites like this one make a difference in where people go and what beer culture and product is actually here for us today.

See you all on the other side...
In Beerum Veritas

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Cass wrote:I have a feeling there will be some fondness for the retro blue even though I've taken years of grief for it.
LOL, to each their own. I like the blue.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Cass wrote:I have a feeling there will be some fondness for the retro blue even though I've taken years of grief for it.
Ha, thanks. The forum upgrade I'm actually trying to mimic this as much as possible, see screenshot below. So we'll still have blue :)

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
I like teasing Cass. So I guess I like it too!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

The "The" looks way too fancy... I feel like I can't afford that font.

In all seriousness though, looks like WANT THAT NOW.