Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Bar Towel has let me down

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

The Bar Towel has let me down

Post by Tapsucker »

So I'm in Montreal the other week and I meet these three guys from Toronto. I ask them what they do, they say they run a brewery, I ask them which one and they answer, wait for it...

...Longslice.

I totally figured as a Bar Towel member, the user agreement promised us that we would have heard of every damn brewery in this town. :D

Especially, as I learned from them, they've been shipping for close to a year in kegs. But nope, none of that rings a bell with me. :oops:

I'll let Cass off the hook until I see the new site. Perhaps with a working search function, I will be proven wrong!

On a related note. I love this quote from their website:
Fast-forward fifteen years and several dozen batches of homemade hooch, and the Peat Brothers have mastered the art of craft brewing.
Schredder, make sure you get a several dozen batches under your belt before you launch the effort you mentioned in your thread. Unless of course, you're a fast learner and only need one test batch to master the art of craft brewing. :lol:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I have also never heard of these guys.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

this is a quote from their website's splashpage:
BEHOLD! THE WORLD'S GREATEST CRAFT BREWERY, LONGSLICE BREWERY!
but wait! there's more!
SPECS

6.5% ABV
69 IBUs
20 SRM Canadian 2-Row
Honey Malt
Caramel Wheat
Melanoidin Malt
Torrified Wheat
Waimea
Admiral
Comet
Cascade
guys, guys! 69 IBUs!!! that's a sexual position! hahahahahaa!!!

the write-up on the beer:
Hopsta La Vista is one of those full-throttle brews that reminds you to turn down the lights, turn up the tunes, and have a good time! This hybrid IPA is perfectly balanced with the rich, malty backbone of an English IPA and the fruity American hops of a North American IPA. Kicking off its journey on your palate with the sweet notes of honey, malted rye, chocolate, and papaya, it leaves you with a bitter finish reminiscent of grapefruit and orange zest. Medium bodied and creamy in texture, Hopsta La Vista invites you to sit back, sip large and treat yourself to a world of flavour.

Originally concocted by Longslice co-founder and beer lover Jimmy Peat as a homebrew recipe for the 2013 Toronto Beer Week Homebrew Competition, Hopsta La Vista took home the Silver medal. Hopsta La Vista is proud to be Longslice’s first official craft brew, and will soon be available for at-home consumption in sexy tall cans.
i've never met them but i think i hate them out of principle and their life choices.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

fuck, and their ironic bio/pics.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

For the record, they were very nice guys to talk to. And no irony.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Tapsucker wrote:For the record, they were very nice guys to talk to. And no irony.
I think I'm already a fan!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Those bio pics make me want to love whatever swill they turn out.

If it turns out to be epic, its EXACTLY what we need in ON.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

On a related note, I use to play ball hockey with this guy's team:
http://www.innocente.ca

How did I learn about his brewery? My mother sent me a newspaper clipping in the mail! (That's SERIOUSLY old school).

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

In an effort to not let any fellow bar towlers down, there may or may not be a new small brewery coming at some point to the Cambridge area...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I think odd, creepy sweaters and (possibly) culicued moustaches are the next big thing. Be ahead of the curve!
In Beerum Veritas

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Based on those pics I'll be happy to never drink their beers.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Well, they've been getting some good reviews on RateBeer: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/longslice- ... 77/328825/

Check out that gushing description and perfect score from first-time rater "steelpeat"! (I'm assuming no relation to the founding Peat brothers, of course.)

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

shintriad wrote:Well, they've been getting some good reviews on RateBeer: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/longslice- ... 77/328825/

Check out that gushing description and perfect score from first-time rater "steelpeat"! (I'm assuming no relation to the founding Peat brothers, of course.)
And both founding brothers regularly check in to their beer on Untappd to give it 5 star reviews.

https://untappd.com/user/peatjam

https://untappd.com/user/steelpeat

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Based on those pics I'll be happy to never drink their beers.
Come on man, those are AWESOME pictures!
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo